Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

"First Name Must Be Correct Case"

OJConcentrate
Every time I try to make a character I get this error. I've tried reloading the game, making sure I'm running as admin, I've tried every different race, as well as trying a multitude of different names. I looked up "Pathfinder Online Character Creation" on youtube, and it didn't seem as if anyone was having the same problem as I. Hopefully someone can help me out, and point me in the right direction.

Edit: sorry if this is in the wrong subforum.

Edit: Fixed it I guess…. needed to be 2 names, first and last. Unforunately my name is stupid now. LOL.
Quijenoth Starkiller
I guess they finally fixed it so that you cant create characters with 3 names. Obvious really considering you cant use /w for people with 3 names in-game currently.

Now all I wish they would do is prevent surnames at character creation and make it some in-game feature. would prevent characters selecting the same name. I've seen at least 3 occurances of duplicated names. for example, theres a Flynn and a Flynn Pontis.
You should not be able to select titles as a first name either. theres a few of them ingame right now too.

IMO
  • Frst Name should be fixed.
  • Your surname should be changable, for many roleplay reasons like getting married.
  • Titles should be earned and be a mark of defining achievements ingame only.
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Ryan Dancey
When we get the tool built to force (and permit) character renames, we'll be telling a lot of folks they need to rename characters for things like putting titles in the name but for now there's no point in stirring that pot since there's no way to change a name yet.
Tink says Stab
Dwarf and Gnome are totally legitimate character names, don't let anyone tell you anything else!
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Wyborn Cathmor
People should be able to have the same first name.

Why is it an issue have a Flynn and a Flynn Pontis or a Flynn McMahon? I hope Pathfinder Online does NOT go the way of every other game out there where once someone takes a name that name is unavailable even though the last name is different.

It is the entire name that should be unique, not part of it.

And I do not want to have to EARN a last name like in EQ and other games. I am Wyborn Cathmor. Why should I have to get some game achievement to be able to have my last name?

-Wyborn Cathmor
Wyborn Cathmor of Keeper's Pass
"The first gift you ever receive is your family. We all grow from the seeds of our parents' plant."
-Parables of Erastil
Quijenoth Starkiller
tempestorm

Why is it an issue have a Flynn and a Flynn Pontis or a Flynn McMahon? I hope Pathfinder Online does NOT go the way of every other game out there where once someone takes a name that name is unavailable even though the last name is different.

And I do not want to have to EARN a last name like in EQ and other games. I am Wyborn Cathmor. Why should I have to get some game achievement to be able to have my last name?

-Wyborn Cathmor

Your first name is what they call a unique identifier. It has to be unique or the game (and players) have trouble differentiating you from the other Wyborn's on the server. Problem with the same first name in this instance is that if there are 6 Wyborn's in the game if I typed /invite Wyborn how many would be sent the invite?

Its also very VERY inconvenient to invite people with long names. Master Granfumblewink of grumblewood the third of house humblegold would be a very lonely person as you would have to type in the full name every time you sent him a whisper or invited him to group!

I agree the get to 20 first before choosing a last name applied to Everquest doesn't make any sense but it shouldn't be a part of the command to send you a whisper or invite.

What I propose is that Thornkeep has a registry office for handling names and titles. eventually this would be the same place to register companies, petition for deeds, and produce company insignias
Crafting Planner
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Perhaps if we could have unique aliases (say in the form of 7 digit "character id" number) that could be used for whispers and invites, it might take some pressure off picking easy-to-type names. Also nice might be if that was unique to the account, rather than the character, so you could Whisper a friend without knowing which of their three toons is online. Wouldn't be enough when they hit the 10 millionth account, but it gives us some wiggle room smile
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Quijenoth Starkiller
kinda like having a medieval telephone system smile
Crafting Planner
Tigari
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Perhaps if we could have unique aliases (say in the form of 7 digit "character id" number) that could be used for whispers and invites, it might take some pressure off picking easy-to-type names. Also nice might be if that was unique to the account, rather than the character, so you could Whisper a friend without knowing which of their three toons is online. Wouldn't be enough when they hit the 10 millionth account, but it gives us some wiggle room smile
I MAY be ok with this ONLY if it did NOT say the name of the character I was on..
Wyborn Cathmor
Quijenoth Starkiller
tempestorm

-Wyborn Cathmor

Your first name is what they call a unique identifier. It has to be unique or the game (and players) have trouble differentiating you from the other Wyborn's on the server. Problem with the same first name in this instance is that if there are 6 Wyborn's in the game if I typed /invite Wyborn how many would be sent the invite?

Its also very VERY inconvenient to invite people with long names. Master Granfumblewink of grumblewood the third of house humblegold would be a very lonely person as you would have to type in the full name every time you sent him a whisper or invited him to group!

I agree the get to 20 first before choosing a last name applied to Everquest doesn't make any sense but it shouldn't be a part of the command to send you a whisper or invite.

What I propose is that Thornkeep has a registry office for handling names and titles. eventually this would be the same place to register companies, petition for deeds, and produce company insignias

First names do not have to be unique. If someone invites Wyborn they will get Wyborn (if that person exists). To invite me they have to invite Wyborn Cathmor. As I said, it is the entire name that needs to be Unique.

In the example given above with Flynn and their being also a Flynn Pontis. That does not cause confusion for me. Now if the game allowed there to be a Flynn and a Flynn that would be an issue but I have not seen anyone with the exact same name.

My point is that people should be able to have the same first name. One person being George Costanza should not prevent a George Foreman from existing.

-Wyborn Cathmor
Wyborn Cathmor of Keeper's Pass
"The first gift you ever receive is your family. We all grow from the seeds of our parents' plant."
-Parables of Erastil

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post