Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Launcher does not allow copy & paste.

GoblinBurningBright
First: I am running PFO on Windows 10 Tech Preview. I want to make this clear, as it may just be a Win 10 Tech Preview issue.

Second: I am all for squashing convenience (since it is usually directly opposed to security).

BUT: Not being able to paste my password into the launcher field promotes lazy password security. I can't use my password manager and my greater than 30 character long random password, and have to revert to a shorter and easier to remember password.

Thanks for reading.
Running on 64 bit Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 10130.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
This is a known limitation of the game launcher, and the devs want it as much as many of us, but there is no timeline for changing it.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Edam
You might be able to save it into a keyboard macro.

I have not actually tried but it should work.
Nihimon
@GoblinBurningBright, as others have said it's a known issue and something Goblinworks intends to fix. In the meantime, you might try something like AutoHotKey to create a macro to type the password. AHK might even be able to use the clipboard. Good luck.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Kitsune
Nihimon
@GoblinBurningBright, as others have said it's a known issue and something Goblinworks intends to fix. In the meantime, you might try something like AutoHotKey to create a macro to type the password. AHK might even be able to use the clipboard. Good luck.

Ooh! Never thought of that. I wonder if AutoHotKey can parse what's in the clipboard memory, translate it into keystrokes, and type that into the game window?

That would be handy, but I'm too lazy to look into it right this minute.
GoblinBurningBright
Edam
You might be able to save it into a keyboard macro.

Nihimon
you might try something like AutoHotKey to create a macro to type the password.

These fall under the area of "convenience directly opposing security."

While not a terribly bad idea (although still well outside of "best practices" for password security) for a stationary computer, it is certainly not something you want to do on any mobile device (I'm thinking gaming laptops here) or if your computer is open to many random people (school dorm, for example).

In fact, I almost would classify them as irresponsible suggestions.

But I give you credit for at least trying.
Running on 64 bit Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 10130.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post