Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Delivery Orders for Settlements

Wyborn Cathmor
Would it be feasible for a crafter to tag an item for a specific person before dropping it into the company vault?

What I mean is say I craft a suit of armor for Player X. Upon completion I place the armor in the Settlement vault and tag it for Player X. Now Player X can retrieve that armor at their leisure but no one else can pick it up. Settlement Leadership would be an exception to this as they may need to clean up unclaimed items at some point.

Alternatively it could be a feature of the Auction House where you can put something up but only a particular person is allowed to retrieve it.

-Wyborn Cathmor
Wyborn Cathmor of Keeper's Pass
"The first gift you ever receive is your family. We all grow from the seeds of our parents' plant."
-Parables of Erastil
Quijenoth Starkiller
Buy Orders are planned but I'm not sure when they will be available. They are pretty high up on peoples want list though.

I recently set up a buy order within my website (here) for myself as a Jeweler and offer this service to all our citizens.
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Wyborn Cathmor
Yes, I remember buy orders being discussed and looking at it now all I was really asking about was the reverse. However, once that system goes in it would fulfill the desire either way.

My brain was just thinking about it from the opposite direction without realizing they were truly the same mechanic.
"The first gift you ever receive is your family. We all grow from the seeds of our parents' plant."
-Parables of Erastil
Thannon Forsworn
I would love the ability to drop off packages for someone. I assume it would eventually be part of the contract system when it's added to the game.
Thannon Forsworn
Master of Trade
Canis Castrum
Thannon.Forsworn@gmail.com
Edam
The current system where you need to either wait till a player is online and meet them somewhere to trade directly with them OR dump it into a company or settlement vault and hope it does not get misplaced is not very satisfactory.

ANY of the following would help greatly:
- contracts that deliver into another players personal vault at the same bank that the item is currently located at
- ability to tag items in company/settlement vaults as for a particular player or purpose (as suggested by Wyborn)
- ability to create bags/containers/subfolders in company or settlement vaults and sort items into them for individuals or custom purposes
Huran
I agree a sort of package delivery system would be awesome. Not only for crafters within a settlement like Wyborn suggests but also to deliver completed products to individuals in neighboring settlements.

Edit: meaning players can deliver packages to the settlement and tag a player.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Khorvak McTiernan
That won't happen simply because the goal is to make Tradesmen transport their good's from A to B…giving Bandits something to be banditey on and Mercenaries a job guarding goods being transported. Sorry.

edit: Sorry…missed your edit. My apologies.
Wyborn Cathmor
Khorvak,

That logic doesn't apply.

Current way of doing things; I travel to deliver item to buyer OR buyer travels to me to pick up item.

Suggested way of doing things; I travel to town x to deliver item so that buyer can pick it up at their convenience OR buyer travels to my town to pick up order at their convenience.

Either way the travel still happens.

I was not suggesting a World of Warcraft mailbox system. Rather the ability to drop things off to the vault or auction house with a delivery order so that the buyer can, at their convenience, pick it up.
-Parables of Erastil
Khorvak McTiernan
Hehehe, ya that's why I threw that "edit" on there…after I noticed yours. I like the idea of not having to have a face to face to deliver goods to someone who's ordered something. I actually like your idea. smile
Kitsune
Thannon Forsworn
I would love the ability to drop off packages for someone.

We'll need to establish the River Kingdoms Bomb Squad… smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post