Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Where are the grpahics options????

Wyborn Cathmor
Nihimon
Edam
I for one vote for graphics improvements being a low priority.

There are far more significant things to be done ranging from AH buy orders through to fixing PvP that need to be addressed before any further major work on the graphics.

I'm not sure, but I don't think Mike can do much about Buy Orders or PvP. Maybe it's okay for him to stay busy doing graphical stuff.

Nihimon,

This is something that people often forget when it comes to game development. People have different skill sets. Just because a mechanical system (buy orders/pvp/etc.) may be a top priority for development that doesn't mean the art team stops doing art.

I would also like to say that I really like the updated look of the terrain after the last patch! As well as the map UI updates (except for the bug where the map glitches out smile)!
Wyborn Cathmor of Keeper's Pass
"The first gift you ever receive is your family. We all grow from the seeds of our parents' plant."
-Parables of Erastil
Kitsune
Wyborn Cathmor
Nihimon
Edam

There are far more significant things to be done ranging from AH buy orders through to fixing PvP that need to be addressed before any further major work on the graphics.

I'm not sure, but I don't think Mike can do much about Buy Orders or PvP. Maybe it's okay for him to stay busy doing graphical stuff.

Nihimon,

This is something that people often forget when it comes to game development. People have different skill sets. Just because a mechanical system (buy orders/pvp/etc.) may be a top priority for development that doesn't mean the art team stops doing art.

I would also like to say that I really like the updated look of the terrain after the last patch! As well as the map UI updates (except for the bug where the map glitches out smile)!

Beat me to it. It is indeed important to remember that "ooh, shiney" is typically developed by different developers than the "ooh, stabby" developers.

Develop.
Wyborn Cathmor
Nice simplification Kitsune!
"The first gift you ever receive is your family. We all grow from the seeds of our parents' plant."
-Parables of Erastil
danzig138
Edam
Note that I am fully aware many people feel that high quality graphics
Sure. But note that the OP isn't asking for higher quality graphics, they're asking to be able to turn down something to improve performance, and that should be a high priority. That's why I'm not giving any money to this at this time. Can't tweak the graphics to get a better performance? Then the game shouldn't be available yet. 20% CPU use, sluggish response, terrible interface?

Sorry, but this isn't ready for public consumption. Period.
Wyborn Cathmor
I'm public,and I consume it.

But eat my red meat black and blue and I love sushi. smile
-Parables of Erastil
MidknightDiamond
Nihimon
Edam

This is not always the case. Sure, he can keep making art but depending on what that art is for, then there are programming mechanics that go with it. They often do go hand in hand. So sure, the art team can, and will, go ahead and continue doing their side of things… but I'd rather the programming team focus on things that have nothing to do with new art first before things that require new art, when available in the priority scale.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post