Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Keepside chat with GW CT Mark Kalmes 6/17 at 8pm Eastern hosted by Pathfinder University

PFU Hoffman
The next keepside chat will be with GW's Chief Technology Officer, Mark Kalmes. 8pm, 6/17.

Chat info:
golarion.mumble.com
port 3093

Please post your questions for Mark here as I will need them. smile
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.
foxglove
Would Mark be the person to ask about stuff like:

-technical feasibility of adding used content (art, quests, UIs, etc). Not whether it will happen, but whether there are technical obstacles that make it practically unfeasible.

-chat channels: why is it so hard to make company/settlement/custom chats?

-GW logging of data: why do devs seemingly have to teleport around the map to know what resources and escalations are there? Is there no master log, or are they troubleshooting that log?

not trying to wound like a whiner here, but there are the moments where I wonder "but why can't they just…"
Foxglove - of Pathfinder University (PFU/Riverbank)
Silkworm - of Phoenix Industries (TEO/Brighthaven)
On these boards I never speak for TEO, only for myself or PFU. Contact me if you want to hold a guest lecture for PFU
Jokken
Would it be feasible to allow all nested in game windows (inventory, world map, paper doll, character sheet, etc) to move outside the bounds of the game window when playing in windowed mode. I personally would love to have my map, inventory and character sheet on my secondary monitor while playing windowed-fullscreen on my main monitor.

Where are we with the implementation of a combat log? I know everyone desires this greatly.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Auriga
Is there a long term fix intended for the Monster Infection issue? While turning off infection rate for now is a good thing, it doesn't fix the long term problems and with the "big event" coming with EE 10 it may complicate issues again.

Rebalancing of resource types was mentioned a while ago, will this still be happening?
Tink says Stab
Buy Orders - A tech problem, or a design/implementation problem?

General AH Logs - See above?
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
PFU Hoffman
Thanks. Any other questions?
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.
Giorgio
When do we get to see Bill(Tink's mule) in action? smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
foxglove
i'd like a generally better understanding on which 'missing features' are due to tech limitations and finite coding/art resources vs which are due to deliberate game design vs which are due to legal/IP/marketing reasons.

ex:
gnome monks: limited manpower
ranger pets: tech, manpower, design?
slowed archers: tech or manpower?
mind flayers: legal

…essentially filled out for all the questions above
Foxglove - of Pathfinder University (PFU/Riverbank)
Silkworm - of Phoenix Industries (TEO/Brighthaven)
On these boards I never speak for TEO, only for myself or PFU. Contact me if you want to hold a guest lecture for PFU
Tink says Stab
Link to a recording.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post