Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Path to 20 Dex, Bow Prof 3 and Level 6 Attacks.

Tyncale
I know the first tier 3 Bows wil be made around the 15th of September, however I am wondering if anyone has already planned out his path to being able to use those bows.

A quick glance at Nightdrifters (awesome) trainingplanner tells me you need 20 dex in order to train Bow Proficiency 3 and level 6 attacks that have the tier 3 Keyword. Also need ranged Attack Bonus 8 and undoubtedly a lot more(Fighter level?). Was wondering if its even possible to reach that point (15th of September) in about the same time.

Too late for me( I am all over the place) but just wondering. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Jokken
Due to secondary ability score gates for adventuring feats, players will be able to craft Tier 3 items a good deal before players are able to equip and use them properly even if narrowly focused. We have those numbers floating around our organization internally. If I'm remembering correctly the date falls somewhere in November.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Tyncale
Thanks Jokken, I suspected that. This gives me a bit more leeway with my crafters, I was afraid I would have to leave certain professions into tier 2 temporarily so that I could favor the profession that is need for bow components.
I have also come to the conclusion that getting the fastest to a point where you can use a Tier 3 Bow and level 6 attacks will need a Dex based crafting or refining profession, due to the Dex-gate. I managed to plan a path without a crafting profession and taking (dex)skills that at least were usefull and complimentary (so I did not take a lot of Dex based Role Feats) but that took almost a year longer….

It seems that the Developers kinda envisioned characters having a Combat and a Crafting role combined.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Thod-Theodum
Interesting discussion. Thod has been slacking off his gatherer training as I invested a lot into fighting. Seems that this wasn't too much of an issue.
I spend some 110K of XP for my daughters char to make that one more competitive again. That one might actually make a good T3 bow candidate - she is the EL tailor and I spend most XP to bring her up with bows.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Tyncale
I also noticed that if you want to be able to use your Role attacks (Vital Strike and Penetrating Strike) in Tier 3, you will have to spend MUCH more XP because you now have the Level 16 Fighter requirement to fulfill.

I think I am going to calculate the following paths to reach tier 3 Bow attacks(which is kinda what this is all about):

• Pure Longbow attacks, NO Role attacks, NO padding with feats and Skills that I never use but give good Dex(like for instance other Role Feats like Evangelist), and mixed with Dex-profession (Bowyer).
  • Longbow and Shortbow attacks possibly mixed with other Dex-based light melee, no Role Attacks, NO crafter professions, more miscellaneous skills but ALL usefull for this build(NO padding with useless stuff).
  • Pure Longbow including Role Attacks, no Crafter profession, no useless stuff: this build took over 1.5 years of xp because you are basically building a Fighter that can easily branch into other Fighter roles.

I could try a build that uses Dex-padding with other feats like dex-based Role Feats, but if you are never going to use those other feats you are better off mixing it up with a Dex-based crafting/refining profession.
Tyncale
Btw, here is a pretty useless build, including Role attacks, but without any armor feats : You end up training Half Draw 6, Overdraw 6, Vital Strike 6 and Penetrating Strike 6 for a whoppping 1412260 XP which a Day 1 account has accumulated on August 10, 2016. smile This was an experiment to see how fast you could get to those level 6 Role Attacks but I am sure people will want to train up thair armor feat too. smile A build with the Archer armor feat would take even longer.

Simple Weapon Proficiency
Clothing Armor Proficiency
Light Armor Proficiency
Basic Attacks
Elven Weapon Proficiency
Trophy Charm Implement Proficiency
Hit Points
Power
Fortitude Bonus
Fortitude Bonus
Fortitude Bonus
Fortitude Bonus
Fortitude Bonus
Fortitude Bonus
Power
Power
Power
Power
Power
Power
Power
Power
Power
Hit Points
Hit Points
Hit Points
Hit Points
Hit Points
Hit Points
Hit Points
Hit Points
Hit Points
Bow Weapon Proficiency
Ranged Attack Bonus
Ranged Attack Bonus
Ranged Attack Bonus
Ranged Attack Bonus
Base Attack Bonus
Base Attack Bonus
Base Attack Bonus
Vital Strike
Vital Strike
Vital Strike
Bow Specialization
Bow Specialization
Bow Specialization
Bow Specialization
Parting Shot
Parting Shot
Parting Shot
Followthrough Foresight
Followthrough Foresight
Followthrough Foresight
Patient Anchor
Patient Anchor
Patient Anchor
Impact Critical Shot
Impact Critical Shot
Impact Critical Shot
Sorrow's Release
Sorrow's Release
Sorrow's Release
Bow Weapon Proficiency
Overdraw
Overdraw
Overdraw
Overdraw
Half Draw
Half Draw
Half Draw
Half Draw
Impact Critical Shot
Base Attack Bonus
Vital Strike
Penetrating Strike
Penetrating Strike
Penetrating Strike
Penetrating Strike
Parting Shot
Followthrough Foresight
Trophy Charm Implement Proficiency
Redouble
Ranged Attack Bonus
Bow Specialization
Medium Armor Proficiency
Archer
Archer
Archer
Archer
Archer
Archer
Medium Armor Proficiency
Archer
Patient Anchor
Sorrow's Release
Impaling Shot
Impaling Shot
Impaling Shot
Impaling Shot
Bullseye Shot
Bullseye Shot
Bullseye Shot
Bullseye Shot
Ranged Attack Bonus
Base Attack Bonus
Bow Specialization
Hit Points
Power
Staggering Critical
Staggering Critical
Master of Opportunity: Suffer
Staggering Critical
Pinpoint Targeting
Pinpoint Targeting
Pinpoint Targeting
Pinpoint Targeting
Base Attack Bonus
Power
Hit Points
Vital Strike
Half Draw
Overdraw
Penetrating Strike
Parting Shot
Followthrough Foresight
Patient Anchor
Archer
Ranged Attack Bonus
Bow Specialization
Fortitude Bonus
Base Attack Bonus
Impaling Shot
Bullseye Shot
Sorrow's Release
Impact Critical Shot
Pinpoint Targeting
Archer
Staggering Critical
Reflex Bonus
Reflex Bonus
Reflex Bonus
Reflex Bonus
Reflex Bonus
Reflex Bonus
Reflex Bonus
Reflex Bonus
Reflex Bonus
Reflex Bonus
Evasion
Evasion
Evasion
Evasion
Tumble
Tumble
Tumble
Tumble
Ranged Attack Bonus
Hit Points
Hit Points
Hit Points
Power
Power
Bow Specialization
Trip
Trip
Trip
Trip
Lightning Reflexes
Lightning Reflexes
Lightning Reflexes
Lightning Reflexes
Lightning Reflexes
Power
Power
Power
Power
Power
Power
Power
Power
Power
Power
Power
Power
Base Attack Bonus
Recovery Bonus
Recovery Bonus
Recovery Bonus
Recovery Bonus
Recovery Bonus
Recovery Bonus
Recovery Bonus
Recovery Bonus
Hit Points
Power
Fortitude Bonus
Penetrating Strike
Vital Strike
Bow Weapon Proficiency
Overdraw
Half Draw

If you wonder about some of the choices, please remember that you also need 12 Con or 12 Str for some of the Fighter Requirements. The sequence in this lists is based on the requirements for each of the feats and skills(direct copy of the input to the calculator.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post