Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Wizard class combines least hps with worst damage.

Elsworth Sugarfoot

That's real. discuss.
Tigari
Welcome to my last 6.5 months of gameplay for rogues. I guess at least I can be using a fighter weapon easier (longbow, which is stronk like buull)
Decius
Highest elemental resistances, and have you seen Killing Joke? Only long burst attacks, best crowd control.
Good enough that I'm happy to have one on my side, not so good that I want only wizards by my side. Seems pretty well balanced to me.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
oh hey, you looked at some spreadsheets and decided it was balanced because we have high energy resistances… Guess what? Most of the damage incoming in PvP is physical. The other three main attack classes Melee, Archer, Rogue, ALL do physical damage, most clerics also pack an offhand physical weapon. Melee and Longbow both out DPS wizards like CRAZY. With the addition of all these hps it has been a relative nerf to Wizards.

Originally, you could setup killing joke and the 4 second stun plus damage would give you enough of a headstart that the ensuing DPS race was about equal. I would still lose to your top PvPers like Vrel and Spitfire, but it would be extremely close. That was when I was wearing HEAVY ARMOR. Then everyone got gifted 200 hps and I lost physical resistance so the race became longer, so the 4 second stun headstart was less valuable, and lack of physical resistance was a game changer. With the most recent change everyone has another ~300 hp. The 4 second stun is meaningless because it takes me about 40 seconds to dps someone and it take them about 20 to dps me.

Cleric heals pop off for huge amounts. A greater cure is >500hp that's 2-3 killing jokes. You are effectively erasing 2-3 of our best move with one expendable. minor cure has two versions that can be cycled to out-heal the dps from searing armor. It's practically impossible to output more damage than clerics can heal up (add in cure pots and tokens and there is no hope). The only class that is comparably gimped is rogues, and they need attention too. but they can wear better armor and use longbows.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Yay AoE's and Energy Resistance! I can mow through a River Sheppards escalation like nobody's business. But in the actual fights which determine the outcome of conflict between players mages are now totally gimped to the order of rogues. Give it a few pvp cycles and all mages will be saying the same. It's just there's so little pvp conflict they don't know yet.
Decius
A cleric that has both minor cures slotted is using 2/3 secondary slots on their focus for them. The long cast times on cure spells makes them almost impossible to use on others.

One big issue is that most melee weapon users can get cheap and easy energy damage, so heavy armor is rarely useful in PvP; anytime someone is using heavy armor they get hit with elemental damage, and when they are in cloth armor they get hit by physical damage.

And no discussion of wizards should neglect energetic field.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Did I mention that % based healing isn't as effective on wizards because we have less hps.

Energetic field is only relevant for speed. Any DPS gained in the offensive boost is lost in the cast time and stamina drain. Wizards are fast, but anyone with a speedpot is the same (archers are faster with 2-3% bonus). Plus any cleric with travel domain and agile feat will be equal even without speedpot.
Rynnik
Travel Domain, Haste and Quickened need hit by the nerf hammer.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Other roles need boost more than those need nerf.
Decius
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Did I mention that % based healing isn't as effective on wizards because we have less hps.

Energetic field is only relevant for speed. Any DPS gained in the offensive boost is lost in the cast time and stamina drain. Wizards are fast, but anyone with a speedpot is the same (archers are faster with 2-3% bonus). Plus any cleric with travel domain and agile feat will be equal even without speedpot.
With the armor changes giving wizards more hp and no les physical resistance the heals do better for them, just not as much better as other roles who lost physical resistance.

And giving up an attack slot for ef is a lot less expensive than giving up a role feature (+resistance for pretext ion domain), armor feature (+regeneration for healer armor feat), or expendable slot+potions.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post