Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Wizard class combines least hps with worst damage.

Dreamslinger
Elmin Sterro
Also in regards to states, our expendables capitalize almost exclusively on disrupted, which is an incredibly difficult state to apply. We have 3 cantrips that can possibly apply dispelling, 2 of which are a 25% chance and 1 of those is a 2 second cast, with the only other sources being a 6 level expendable and the Abjurer feature (which is totally awesome BTW). Also if I’m not mistaken, in order to become disrupted a buff must be removed from the target by a dispelling effect, making it even more situationally available and possibly entirely out of our control. Since we cannot capitalize on these conditionals except when the stars happen to align just perfectly (hasn’t happened to me yet), these effects are wasted budget for our abilities right now.

It's not just Expendables but also a lot of Cantrips that have a dependency on Disrupted. With as common a requirement that state is you would think that Wizards would have a fairly reliable (or low reliability easily spammable) way to apply the state. Even the new starter cantrip secondary attacks require the Dirupted state to get their full effect. All of the Basic Physical Attacks set a state if a common condition is met. I don't see how a new character is going to get any use out of those added effects that would seem to have eaten into the budget for those attacks.
One the other hand with the levels of resistance provided by T2+2 cloth armor and using the Mage feat, I have enough resistance that the Magma and Ice elementals initial ranged attack does no perceptible damage to me, leading me to believe it might be working a little too well.

Another thing about the current energy resistances that bothers me is that the resistance numbers are equal for all energy damage types, unless you have an odd bonus from some other ability. It does not really make sense to me that Fire resistance and Force or Sonic resistance have the same availability. Also if the resistance values are flat across the board, it makes choosing between different energy types meaningless, unless you are about to fight skeletons or Fire/Ice elementals.

If I understood the release notes correctly, the energy resistances on armors are temporary and will be going away when enchantments enter the game. The resistances are acting as placeholders and are higher on lighter armors because lighter armors will be able to hold more (or stronger) enchantments than heavy armor can.
Edam
Abjurer does disrupted of course.
Dreamslinger
Edam

As I understand it, Abjurer doesn't disrupt, it dispells. Disrupt only happens on targets that have magical buffs that get dispelled. There is nothing that a Wizard can do short of buffing their target and then using a dispell effect to be able to control whether or not they'll ever be able to trigger the effects from their other spells/cantrips. If everything that dispelled applied disrupted regardless of whether or not buffs were affected then having as many spells/cantrips with a disrupt dependency wouldn't be a big deal.
Edam
Dreamslinger
Edam

As I understand it, Abjurer doesn't disrupt, it dispells. Disrupt only happens on targets that have magical buffs that get dispelled. There is nothing that a Wizard can do short of buffing their target and then using a dispell effect to be able to control whether or not they'll ever be able to trigger the effects from their other spells/cantrips. If everything that dispelled applied disrupted regardless of whether or not buffs were affected then having as many spells/cantrips with a disrupt dependency wouldn't be a big deal.

This is true.

It also is not possible to tell beforehand if a target is actually buffed.
Dreamslinger
Edam
Dreamslinger
Edam

This is true.

It also is not possible to tell beforehand if a target is actually buffed.

Can buffs that come from Maneuvers or Physical attacks be dispelled? The wording of the dispell effect specifies magical buffs but I don't see anything that looks like its a magical flag on any ability that buffs.

I think I found my own answer: Your text to link here...
Elsworth Sugarfoot
again today, Nivia and I were pounding on some cleric 2v1 the two of us could not out dps their heals even mixing in stuns.
Durza Ironforge
While this seems slightly off. I have noticed that damage happens after the animation. Often times I find myself trying to switch targets, thinking that last spell flying through the air will finish the target off, but when I switch targets…that spell flying through the air will not damage the target at all because I deselected. I have to wait for it to impact, register and damage before switching.
Durza Ironforge
"Nothing a hammer can’t solve…"
Mule Squire of Forgeholm
Edam
Durza Ironforge
While this seems slightly off. I have noticed that damage happens after the animation. Often times I find myself trying to switch targets, thinking that last spell flying through the air will finish the target off, but when I switch targets…that spell flying through the air will not damage the target at all because I deselected. I have to wait for it to impact, register and damage before switching.

I think one of the recent changes was to cancel any attacks in progress when the target dies or you switch targets.
Tink says Stab
TIL I can literally heal through a T2 Wizard doing as much DPS to me as they can.

I am all for non-parity balancing, but that is just wrong.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Nivia Rey
Tink says Stab
TIL I can literally heal through a T2 Wizard doing as much DPS to me as they can.

I am all for non-parity balancing, but that is just wrong.

tis sad, but wizards have a max range stun so they are still viable in pvp….its just im running away alot.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post