Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Wizard class combines least hps with worst damage.

Elsworth Sugarfoot
delete
Ravenlute
While researching a bit for the Suffer thread I discovered two things. I did a quick scan of this thread and didn't see them mentioned so if they were, I apologize.

1. No Wizard Role Feature provides an increase to Base Damage in any form.

2. No Wizard Armor Feat provides Arcane Attack Bonus in any form.

With those 2 additions, wouldn't that help out the Wizard?
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Edam
Ravenlute

Of course this might make it a bit too easy to start using non cloth armors and offset the arcane attack bonus penalty with feature feats.
Dreamslinger
Edam
Ravenlute

Of course this might make it a bit too easy to start using non cloth armors and offset the arcane attack bonus penalty with feature feats.

I don't think that would be a problem. Taking the attack bonus numbers from Dragoon and Crusader, a level 7 armor feat would be giving a +13 Arcane Attack bonus. Light Armor gives a -20, Medium -50, and Heavy -100. The bonus wouldn't even offset the penalty for Light Armor. It isn't until level 14 that you'd completely offset the penalty from Light Armor. On top of that you'd be giving up all of the matching keywords other than Masterwork by wearing an armor that doesn't match the feat.
Elmin Sterro
Ravenlute
While researching a bit for the Suffer thread I discovered two things. I did a quick scan of this thread and didn't see them mentioned so if they were, I apologize.

1. No Wizard Role Feature provides an increase to Base Damage in any form.

With those 2 additions, wouldn't that help out the Wizard?

I think Evoker, Conjurer, and Necromancer are in dire need of a redesign, and bonus damage or attack would make sense for Evoker. Transmutation needs either a major buff or a redesign as well.
Ravenlute
Edam
Ravenlute

I brought this up specifically because Fighter, Cleric and Rogue all have at least one armor feat that raises one of their attack bonuses but Wizard has none.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Illililili
In theory Necromancer and Conjurer should be able to get undead and elemental pets when pets are implemented.

No idea of time frame for that though, and imho the game needs to work on basics more than adding features.
Decius
With the armor nerf, even heavy armor wearers fall behind the physical damage of focused melee characters, specifically penetrating strike.

I suggest that we break physical out into piercing, slashing, and bludgeoning, and give each of the heavy armors absurd resistance to one, high resistance to another, and their current resistance to the third.
Tink says Stab
That would at least provide parity for all the energies. Do you think the cloth armour should do something similar with energy attacks?
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Dreamslinger
Decius
With the armor nerf, even heavy armor wearers fall behind the physical damage of focused melee characters, specifically penetrating strike.

I suggest that we break physical out into piercing, slashing, and bludgeoning, and give each of the heavy armors absurd resistance to one, high resistance to another, and their current resistance to the third.

Will that still be the case when ammo is implemented and the temporary buff to melee damage is removed?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post