Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Wizard class combines least hps with worst damage.

Decius
Tink says Stab
That would at least provide parity for all the energies. Do you think the cloth armour should do something similar with energy attacks?
Probably. And light and medium armor would have to be adjusted to do something similar, but with more moderation.
Tink says Stab
If nothing else, that would allow more preparatory countering, and it would also open up the path for more powerful consumables that only add one of the defences rather than just the general physical resistance we have now. If you know that the majority of the enemy uses spears (huh? Who would do that!), you bring armour and potions that heavily protect against piercing.

Plus D&D roots and all that jazz.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Edam
What would be really good is if +4 and +5 robes eventually could be enchanted with a useful (as opposed to a merely cosmetic +5 or +10) physical resistance.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5JU7XupKlg

You can see in this video that it takes 40 seconds for Nivia to DPS Elric. Attacks start around 8 seconds in and he drops at 48. If he had healed at all it would be impossible to kill him. If tables were turned it would be about 20 for him to do Nivia. Even with 2 of us we could not have dropped him if he was just standing there healing.
Tabomo
Seriously, mages need some love. 20 sec, Els? If any halfway decent melee was attacking an afk mage, I doubt it would even take that long. What's the cool down on vital strike or whatever its called?
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Tabomo
Seriously, mages need some love. 20 sec, Els? If any halfway decent melee was attacking an afk mage, I doubt it would even take that long. What's the cool down on vital strike or whatever its called?
The Vital Strike cooldown is not particularly long (it varies with weapon between 0.6 and 2.0 seconds). With many weapons, after the second shot stamina recovery is the limiting factor since it uses more stamina than you can recover in the cool-down, at up to 78 stamina per attack for Greatclub and a hair less for several other weapons, down to about 30/use for daggers
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Elsworth Sugarfoot
20 second estimate includes Wizard opening stun, closing the 10m distance before charge can be used, and evade. Not vs AFK. Basically, what I consider the flow of normal competent combat.

If Tink would post the video of our duels we could know for sure.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
I also want to say that Wizards are still viable especially in group combat. Rogues are not, rogues need love first.

I'm not sure this fix necessarily has to take the form of a DPS increase (although I think in the case of Evoker expendables it should).

I think each of the wizards schools needs some serious fleshing out. Maybe these are things that are coming in the future. Summoning for conjurers. Raising dead for necromancers. Charm monsters for enchanters. Shapechanging for transmuters. Invisibility for illusionists. Those kinds of things that would really give some color and coolness to the class.

A casual perusal through the goblinary to look up some of the Tier3 drops that loaded this weekend just revealed more of the same. More combat stuff. It's kind of boring.
Edam
Elsworth Sugarfoot
I also want to say that Wizards are still viable especially in group combat. Rogues are not, rogues need love first.

I'm not sure this fix necessarily has to take the form of a DPS increase (although I think in the case of Evoker expendables it should).

I think each of the wizards schools needs some serious fleshing out. Maybe these are things that are coming in the future. Summoning for conjurers. Raising dead for necromancers. Charm monsters for enchanters. Shapechanging for transmuters. Invisibility for illusionists. Those kinds of things that would really give some color and coolness to the class.

A casual perusal through the goblinary to look up some of the Tier3 drops that loaded this weekend just revealed more of the same. More combat stuff. It's kind of boring.

I agree.

Wizards are flawed but viable and in PvP occasionally valuable.

Rogues are not viable.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post