Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

$15 per month for an alpha/beta...

Edam
Duffy Swiftshadow
Those are fighting words :-)
If it seems stupidly easy and it's not fixed, it's probably not stupidly easy.

It is often the Butterfly Effect at work.
Tyncale
I know I do not have all the ins and outs of development. At least I recognize the challenge that they are facing with the one-world hex setup. But they are also a start-up which meant they had zero assets when they started this whole thing, exept for the IP off course. I still remember that picture where they proudly present a bunch of freshly bought Hard Drives, ready to be installed for the development members. It is expensive to start from ground zero. So I guess I can not blame them for not being Cryptic Studios with furnished offices and all the hardware present and a large library of stuff ready to go, with seasoned developers and experienced Modelers who can crank out stuff in a large tempo. But I feel a large part of the money has gone into getting this Studio from the ground in the first place. They already had to set up their office twice, I think, since they moved out of the Paizo building a while ago? Not sure how much money/time that costs but it can not have helped with resources.

They are a new team brought together, with pockets of expertise, from (indy) Sandbox-development to Paizo Artists to Networking to Marketing/Economy/Player-behaviour vets. At least I am glad that the team seems pretty solid in their make-up and we have not seen a lot of churn of developers/members (exept Bonny): that gives me hope that this team can only get better from where they started. But I wouldn't call it a lean and mean developing machine just yet.

This may be a negative outlook from a hardcore fan but I can understand some of the reactions/disappointment that we have seen so far. Mentioning that the game is being crowdforged and is only in year 3 of development does not really offset the first impression of the overall game.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post