Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Policy on Company Hopping after paying for a Feud?

Tigari
Everything in this game points to a settlement identity to me. Settlements are what give me my training, Settlements are what people know me by. At NO point in this game has anyone every said "Hey Tig, that member of The Bloody Hand". It's ways been "Tig, the Golgothan". The only time when companies were the main identifier was pre-alpha, when we had no actual settlements, but just ideas of settlements.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
The biggest issue I have that should be addressed with company hoping is that people could move out of a company to avoid a feud. If you are in a company that gets feuded the character should carry that feud with them (not sure how feasible this is to implement) When Decius attacked me in town I could have typed /vcleave Stache's Mustache and the thornguards would have jumped him(if I wasn't less than -2500).

The influence thing is minor and the effect of 5-10 characters switching companies is maybe a 30-50 influence difference in the cost a feud, so only a 3-5 influence difference in what you actually spend after the feud is over.
Edam
Tigari
Everything in this game points to a settlement identity to me. Settlements are what give me my training, Settlements are what people know me by. At NO point in this game has anyone every said "Hey Tig, that member of The Bloody Hand". It's ways been "Tig, the Golgothan". The only time when companies were the main identifier was pre-alpha, when we had no actual settlements, but just ideas of settlements.

Fair enough.

But under current rules people are even able to jump settlements to help in a feud. There is nothing to stop some tiny settlement like Terra Firma declaring a feud and then having half of Golgotha or Pharaos jumping into the feuding company or defending company for that matter.
Tigari
that's meaningful play though, either they build the relationship with us, or payed us enough to want to help them.
Decius
Elsworth Sugarfoot
When Decius attacked me in town I could have typed /vcleave Stache's Mustache and the thornguards would have jumped him.
You would have been safe from the TG, as a member of KB.

Care to discuss whether tactically dropping company in the middle of a fight to gain a benefit of tricking an opponent into flagging is against the spirit of the rules?
Midnight
Actually people on both sides of this debate are mostly reasonable in their views.

My main thing is there is so little available PvP with such a small population that if you can get some, you want some.

But as I said, by the time we have enough people to where the math on feuding really matters, there ought to also be plenty of PvP options created by that large vibrant player population. I'm torn by being intrigued with the idea of a company identity, but also not wanting to be left out of the only fun left to me if I want to eschew banditry and its close cousin, interdiction.

But I also play multiple characters, so even company identity becomes jumbled to an altoholic.

I never know whether to play my Phaeros character or my Golgotha character during a feud. smile smile smile
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Yrme
Elsworth Sugarfoot
The biggest issue I have that should be addressed with company hoping is that people could move out of a company to avoid a feud. If you are in a company that gets feuded the character should carry that feud with them (not sure how feasible this is to implement) When Decius attacked me in town I could have typed /vcleave Stache's Mustache and the thornguards would have jumped him(if I wasn't less than -2500).

imo, a character leaving a company during a feud should suffer a large rep hit for being cowardly, or giving the impression of being cowardly.

Is there a risk that a company will be feuded and the members accept the rep hit? Sure. They could just as easily log out to avoid the feud. One possible solution is to mostly feud targets that have some fixed site like a tower or holding that encourages them to not flee.

Does it mean that someone with low rep can just leave the company at will? Sure. I think, however, a very low rep character should not be able to join a new company if his rep is below the company/settlement threshhold.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
Edam
Yrme
Elsworth Sugarfoot

imo, a character leaving a company during a feud should suffer a large rep hit for being cowardly, or giving the impression of being cowardly.

Is there a risk that a company will be feuded and the members accept the rep hit? Sure. They could just as easily log out to avoid the feud. One possible solution is to mostly feud targets that have some fixed site like a tower or holding that encourages them to not flee.

Does it mean that someone with low rep can just leave the company at will? Sure. I think, however, a very low rep character should not be able to join a new company if his rep is below the company/settlement threshhold.

In EVE if your indy/mining alts company gets wardecced and you could not be bothered bringing your PvP alts 30 jumps to to help out the solution is indeed to just logout unless of course you have a POS or POCO under threat.
Kitsune
Skimmed the thread, didn't see any official response, disappointed, moving on.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Seems like the majority of the problem is going away next patch so it's kind of a moot point.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post