Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Game leaves you logged in even after logout

Elsworth Sugarfoot
So….. I pretty sure I've seen people who have logged out still have their toon visible in game. These toons can be killed and that's a fairly serious problem.
Ryan Dancey
It's what happens when you log the client in a second time with the same account.
MidknightDiamond
It's not just that. My fiance's computer crashed night before last. Completely crashed - he had to restart. His account stayed logged in, attackable and healable, for at least three minutes. He was already rebooted on his system and fighting with his sound files to get mumble working correctly. His account had finally logged before he tried to relog.

Now I know the OP was about people willingly logging out but three minutes is a long time for the server to realize that computer is no longer connected.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Edam
Ryan Dancey
It's what happens when you log the client in a second time with the same account.

Which is what people with DT do all the time.

Are you saying we should log out one DT wait some longish period (3 minutes? 10 minutes) and then log in the second DT.

Or do we need two separate clients installed? Or two separate computers? More information is needed.
Ryan Dancey
If you log out, you will be ok. If you run the client twice and log in to the same account you will strand a character in game.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
You just need to quit the client first, rather than logging in the second toon without quitting first.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Elsworth Sugarfoot
MidknightDiamond
It's not just that. My fiance's computer crashed night before last. Completely crashed - he had to restart. His account stayed logged in, attackable and healable, for at least three minutes. He was already rebooted on his system and fighting with his sound files to get mumble working correctly. His account had finally logged before he tried to relog.

Now I know the OP was about people willingly logging out but three minutes is a long time for the server to realize that computer is no longer connected.
No this isn't about the logout timer. I just noticed today that I logged on my 1k alt it was at the shrine in KB instead of the Bank. I'm assuming it was killed by the EBA guys that ran through KB. But I know that I wasn't online. The death of a 1k alt in this manner is nothing, but if Elsworth had died this way…. really uncool.
Nihimon
Ryan, if you crash out, you will also strand the Character in game.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post