Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Don't be a Jerk.

Midnight
I've suspected that multiple settlements with PvP windows that are too inconvenient for me were being jerks for months by having chosen what appears to be bedtime PvP windows.

I'm also disappointed that folks now seem to be using influence to troll the folks with bedtime PvP windows into losing sleep defending against attacks that were never *intended*, over the last few days.

I'm really really sorry that my Sunday feud didn't actually get the participants that asked me to fire up another feud. *I* wasn't trying to be a jerk, and if I could have predicted the last few days of nonsense, I would have gone out to get slaughtered alone by the blob during my feud rather than look like just another jerk.

You can justify your bedtime PvP windows with… words, and you can justify nonsensical feuds with… words.

But at the end of the day, ask yourselves if this really qualifies as fun.

I'm saying to both groups of jerks:

Grow up folks, and let's make this game FUN.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Thod-Theodum
We are likely one of the groups with a stupid time. To be honest - the reason for our time window is the following

a) I tried to set it to UK time - 18:30 - for unknown reasons it came up 12 hours later (earlier ?)
b) I retried it didn't work - so I gave up
c) Tower warfare didn't seem to work anyhow
d) Emerald Lodge aka neutrality and PvP doesn't mix well

Maybe I should revisit it. I'm not expecting a lot of incoming feuds. But I should at least enable bandits a target at a time where we might defend our holdings. I have to admit that I manoeuvred EL into a complete non-PvP zone. I always wanted us to avoid the large fights - but I'm not anti-PvP.
To a certain degree I would love to declare a feud and try to get to 9 towers so we could train up to rank 12. We most likely would go for towers that are not rightfully ones of the settlement - like EBA towers in Xeilias territory or Golgotha (KB?) towers in EBA territory. Losing them after 24 hours wouldn't be a big issue. Hey - we might even be able to sell this as mercenary work - and freeing the towers to hand them back to the proper owners. But off course the possibility that we afterwards have zero towers prevents this scenario so far.

I know - I'm likely not the one who got asked by the OP - but I thought I throw it out here anyhow. In the end I want to contribute to the fun of everyone. And something different as Usti grinding would be nice.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Midnight
EL feuds PFU on Saturday.

Choose your sides company and settlement hoppers! :-)

Just Kidding, but I'd totally join if all sides (including Benevolent Dictator) were cool with it.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Thod-Theodum
@Midnight

You might be kidding - but maybe?? PFU members might have similar problems - not having much (any?) PvP opportunity. This would be close to an arena fight - so some people might look down on it with disdain.

Off course Midnight EL wants you !! There has been a time when you have been EL members favourite PvP villain.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Midnight
The hazard with all PvP is that someone thinks you aren't playing the game right, and long term animosity gets created.

I see it every week, and there are people in this game that hate me for something that people I've never met and never chatted with did 3 years ago in a landrush that I didn't participate in.

In the end, you have to really have an objective, for PvP to be worth the hassle. Towers and Training are supposed to be tempting you, so yay if they tempt you! But it's a road fraught with political landmines, and repercussions.
-Edmund Burke
Nihimon
Midnight
I've suspected that multiple settlements with PvP windows that are too inconvenient for me were being jerks for months by having chosen what appears to be bedtime PvP windows.

Seriously? When EoX has all of their PvP Windows during normal US business hours?
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Midnight
Does the largest power bloc in the game lack an EU contingent?

You absolutely will not make me lose sleep by feuding EoX today, and if you show up, I'm betting Tink and friends will stomp you.

If your own PvP windows can't deprive you of sleep then why are there so many tears in the forums?

If your PvP windows are genuinely convenient for your settlement or power bloc to defend, then keep those windows and keep showing up every night, for all I care.

I can't make anyone change their PvP windows, nor can I make anyone quit feuding PvP windows they find suspicious. Players should have every right to keep other players honest.

I'm just asking, at the end of the day, is this actually fun?

If *your* answer is YES, then carry on, because there's nothing I can do about it, anyway.
-Edmund Burke
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Watch your language, Midnight, there are children reading this.
Shark
I just spilled my milk all over my happy meal

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post