Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Bushcraft Skill

Tyncale
I admit that if you wanted to get back into PvP quickly rather then call it a day, then the lower value armor and weapons could still be good enough to at least contribute some. For PvE, I would never resort to it, but for PvP, every warm body that can shoot a bow is welcome.

Makes more sense to me now.

I think you should add that example in the OP, Q.

And don't listen to the partypoopers: I do outrageous proposals all the time. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Rynnik
Quijenoth Starkiller
Oldtimer
Can we please get the features that are IN the game working first?

This is the crowdforging forum so it could be a viable idea to have happen now or in 5 years!

Either way, when inspiration for an idea hits me I like to get it down on paper so to speak and share with the development team and others.
Okay, tracking now I guess. I don't support it as the running out of ammo piece is part of balance considerations and how much you hold in your inventory that can drop on death is part of that equation. I am very leery of ideas that 'cheapen' the economy in this manner. The only use case I could think of where it might be okay to have something like this is expendables due to the presence of tokens etc anyhow and having 'independent' character builds could be fun in that vein.

Economy opt outs and bypasses just seem really counter productive to me, long term, though. I am still 'mad' about azlanti stones for exactly that reason.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Tyncale
Yes, the (crafting) Economy was also my first concern when I read it. I am wondering though, these Salvaged weapons are on a timer, and of low value. I can not think with what item they would be competing: people will want to get rid of them as soon as they can get their hands on a better weapon, and it will poof eventually out of itself too.

I do not see people running around with regular spare weapons in their Inventory, not even lower level ones, since death either destroys them (25% chance) or they would be looted. And in Q's scenario, death is frequent. Now if people could carry a safe cache of regular weapons with them then this idea would be counterproductive.

However it does have large impact on people being able to get back into a fight, in that remote area. DO the devs intend people to call it a day when all their stuff is broken, and go home? Maybe they feel that having Allies (nearby settlements that can sell you new stuff) is actually the mechanic that should allow you to get back into such a battle away from home, and not so much the ability to forge your own weapon in the field (if a worse one). Those weapons from allies would still be the much better choice if you have those allies, btw.

Lots of implications.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Yrme
I think with EE10 we're going to be seeing significant change in how much we are investing in creating normal items. Every crafting station is likely going to require bulk resources to build and maintain; bulk resources have to be transported; mules have to be aquired to transport… There's a huge train of things that have to happen to get items into character hands.

I think turning campfires into crafting stations bypasses a lot of that, but I can see limited use for travelers. I'd suggest that campfire-produced items likely should be limited to Tier 1 - it's a campfire, not a well-stocked workshop with a bunch of helpful assistants. My gut is that the items should be made within the time the fire burns, but that is pretty rapid, and disallows most things except simple refining. And there's the question of where do the crafted items go? Currently, crafted items go into our bank in the hex where we started the crafting job. If they are to go into inventory when campfire-crafting, does that mean the character must remain in hex until the job ends? Or do they go into a husk-like item and can be picked up by anyone?
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
Stilachio Thrax
Tyncale
Yes, the (crafting) Economy was also my first concern when I read it. I am wondering though, these Salvaged weapons are on a timer, and of low value. I can not think with what item they would be competing: people will want to get rid of them as soon as they can get their hands on a better weapon, and it will poof eventually out of itself too.

I do not see people running around with regular spare weapons in their Inventory, not even lower level ones, since death either destroys them (25% chance) or they would be looted. And in Q's scenario, death is frequent. Now if people could carry a safe cache of regular weapons with them then this idea would be counterproductive.

However it does have large impact on people being able to get back into a fight, in that remote area. DO the devs intend people to call it a day when all their stuff is broken, and go home? Maybe they feel that having Allies (nearby settlements that can sell you new stuff) is actually the mechanic that should allow you to get back into such a battle away from home, and not so much the ability to forge your own weapon in the field (if a worse one). Those weapons from allies would still be the much better choice if you have those allies, btw.

Lots of implications.

I think some of the potential economic impacts can be minimized by:

1) Max durability of Bushcraft items is 5/5. Enough to do in a pinch, but won't last long.
2) Craft time can be adjusted in a way that you won't be able to immediately jump back in- 15 to 30 min crafting time for armor and weapons would keep you out of action for a bit, and might make it better to just head back to a settlement you have back up gear in.
3) Fewer keywords would reduce your damage and protection.

I actually like the proposal as long as any produced items are clearly inferior to their crafted counterparts.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Decius
You don't have to go all the way back to town- only as far as the nearest holding (or possibly hideout, when those exist) and grab some from your stash there.
Stilachio Thrax
Decius
You don't have to go all the way back to town- only as far as the nearest holding (or possibly hideout, when those exist) and grab some from your stash there.

Some people PVE/PVP far, far from home, as I know you are aware, making the closest anything quite a hike.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Tyncale
Decius
True, but in Q's example he was far away from home when his weapon broke. I think an allied AH would be your best bet then, or being in a group with someone who has access to holdings there, or has a smallholding there(most likely an ally again).
Rynnik
Decius
This.

I really like localization and planning to mean something. Maybe if you really want to be a wandering type you preposition supplies. Maybe it is a motivation that keeps you closer to home. Of that is good stuff for the game imo.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Locke
Crafting takes time, takes a supply chain, and takes a craft facility. The OP is to substitute this and make +items from a smattering of looted goblin stuff (which may count as one of the 20 units to make the refined product). So with less resources and facility is just a campfire and a shorter time they get a replacement. I would not support that.

It is typical that a crafted item requires 2 or 3 refined items and 5 to 20 of those. The refined items need 2 or 3 raw items and maybe only 5 of this for no-plus versions. So 5 quantity (spread among 3 refined) times 5 quantity (spread among 3 raw) would be close to break even for a T0 +0. And replace the 4 skills with something cobbled together out of survival. And produce it quicker.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post