Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

More Money Sunk Please

Rynnik
GW please reconsider upping the copper sink on the new settlement buildings.

The economy needs more coin sunk in my opinion and in concert with upping the maintenance cost maybe start sinking a small amount as a crafting fee for every item crafted? You know better then us how much coin exists but I was really expecting settlements to draw down some cash and right now training fees with AH tax doesn't seem to be cutting it as the only sinking mechanisms.

Please up the settlement coin costs at least in the interim until other mechanisms can be put into place.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Midnight
The average play time of people not doing PvP looks like it has sunk enormously (judging by the emptiness I see in my travels), and PvP doesn't generate coins.

I don't want players forced out of sanctioned PvP just to PvE for even more coin sinks. Gear destruction is coin sink enough, and PvPers are the players making this game worth logging into, right now.

Get 5,000 new players in, and I might change my tune, though.

Coin sinks COERCE players to log in and PvE, and while I'd like people to play more, they are already complaining in multiple threads about what a chore this game is. That sort of complaint is what makes people look for a new game.

It's a really bad sign, in my opinion.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Rynnik
Midnight
Gear destruction is coin sink enough,
You have no idea what you are talking about as gear destruction isn't a coin sink in any way. It sinks resources but 0 coin right now until such time as a crafting cost or something is charged.
Midnight
Rynnik
Midnight
You have no idea what you are talking about as gear destruction isn't a coin sink in any way. It sinks resources but 0 coin right now until such time as a crafting cost or something is charged.

I meant a coin sink for the PLAYER.

I misspoke as far as the common use of the term in game design, you are right.

But I'm talking about the chore aspect to players. You raise my coin expense, you force me to login more and you force that to be PvE.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Decius
How much coin should be destroyed in the creation of a piece of equipment?
Rynnik
Midnight
Rynnik
Midnight

I meant a coin sink for the PLAYER.

I misspoke as far as the common use of the term in game design, you are right.

But I'm talking about the chore aspect to players. You raise my coin expense, you force me to login more and you force that to be PvE.
Then do something to leverage that coin back from the crafters you are paying it all too in a personal departure from your wallet to theirs without any being sunk from the closed economic system.

Still irrelevant to the topic at hand though - please have that conversation somewhere else.

Decius
How much coin should be destroyed in the creation of a piece of equipment?
Not sure what the poor gnomes locked in those crafting buildings should be paid.

Ask Tink I guess. smile
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Remember that GW (for good or ill) is trying to accommodate casual players. I have less than 3GP between all of my toons, and still have many thousands of XP unspent.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Rynnik
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Remember that GW (for good or ill) is trying to accommodate casual players. I have less than 3GP between all of my toons, and still have many thousands of XP unspent.
Casual players need a working economy to casually play in as well.

I don't care HOW the settlements get the money. That is a nice sandbox problem set that each group can tackle on their own.

Money comes in, money needs to go out. If not the money loses value and an entire aspect of the game goes away. Sinks are important - if you don't understand that please just go find another thread to chat in.

Please don't turn this into another discussion of current game population. We have lots of those threads already. I think an informed discussion about economic balance of current coin faucets versus current coin sinks might be helpful for the devs.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Rynnik
Casual players need a working economy to casually play in as well.
That's true. I'm just saying it needs some caution. Sinks need to reflect coin-generating-activity, not be flat across the population. If gear destruction is greatly enhanced (as I think the population is generally promoting) it will, in fact, be a large coin sink, since every finished item leaving the AH has effectively sunk 15%
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Midnight
If you want the low player population (and time in game) aspect out of the conversation, make it clear you want this far in the future.

If I think it happens 2 weeks from now because they change some numbers in a table before EE-11, I'll crowdforge against it even if you are correct about coins sinks in the long term (and you ARE correct about coin sinks in the long term).

Those other aspects are real and immediate for us.

Lots of crowdforged ideas (including my ideas) get defeated because other tangential aspects of the game make that idea unappealing to the players.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post