Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Hammerfall Auction House

Avari
Very, very bad form to be going into each other's Auction House threads. If you want to post a better price, post in your own AH thread please.
Nihimon
The price that an item is listed at is meaningless. The price that an item is actually being bought is the only thing that matters, and we don't have that data yet.

I'm also pretty sure we can't see who actually listed something at a particular price. Why, I could almost imagine someone intentionally listing something at a ridiculous price just to make a point…
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Tink says Stab
Who would do such a thing!? *looks at the stacks of goods that were posted on KB two weeks ago at a 300% markup*
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Wyborn Cathmor
It is also important to note that prices in one settlement will not necessarily match prices in another. This could be due to several factors. A particular material may be more rare in the north than the south so may sell higher there, for example.

Hell, travel around your local area and look at the difference in gas prices. Sometimes a station within sight of another is way higher… and yet people purchase fuel there. Why? Loyalty? Convenience? Ignorance?

It will be the same in the River Kingdoms. Prices will fluctuate settlement to settlement.
Wyborn Cathmor of Keeper's Pass
"The first gift you ever receive is your family. We all grow from the seeds of our parents' plant."
-Parables of Erastil
Daeglin
The reality is, there are people who make regular rounds of various auction houses. There are AHs that are doing brisk trading, and it is likely because they have found appropriate price points for their typical customers. It is not hard for buyers to compare, and for sellers, even now I think it becomes self evident if their prices are out of line with "the norm". There are spreadsheets that make it easy for buyers to see the value of raw mats that have gone into an item, the markup for refining, and the markup for crafting. My personal favourite is Quijenoth's of Callambea since there is an Open Office version as well as Excel.
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Avari
Hammerfall Auction House continues to get ramped up. Lodestone, deep blue spinnels, saplings, bloodflower gum and others available.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post