Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Advice for a monk.

Ruiseart
Ok, I am dead set on playing a monk; however, they are not currently in the game. Is there anything I can do to prepare for a monk? Like: What armor will they wear, what stats are important, etc… I figured I could at least get a dedicated crafter to support my monk with with gear and consumables? Or is this even possible?
Duffy Swiftshadow
Monk has pretty much no analogues right now, none of the weapons are similar to theirs and the existing features and armors do not mimic the bonuses they would use. They are pretty much the only one that is entirely impossible to replicate. Unless something changes they are also probably the last one to get implemented since they are so different animation wise from everything else. I suppose you could just focus on getting your Wisdom and Strength up. But I'm not sure how much fun it would be for you.
Wyborn Cathmor
Well, regarding what armor they will wear… my guess is they won't. It is kind of a big thing for monks that they do not wear armor and lose a lot of their abilities if they do.
Wyborn Cathmor of Keeper's Pass
"The first gift you ever receive is your family. We all grow from the seeds of our parents' plant."
-Parables of Erastil
Duffy Swiftshadow
In PFO terms tho they will most likely use a Clothing type 'armor' and still have an armor feat to key off, the way the game mechanics work not wearing an armor slot items is pretty close to impossible.
Nihimon
Some clues...
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Smitty
Table top uses wis as armor bonus combined with dex. Would hope monk armor features follow that (atleast one). So may want to rasie those somehow.but that is just a guess

Base attack hp… always helpful..
Ruiseart
The reasoning behind being a dedicated monk of for the 20th level ability. So, as long I avoid anything that interferes with that I'll do pretty much anything.

I am familiar with the Table top and I would really like high Wisdom, Strength and dex (in that order). So If I wanted to max my wisdom what would I train first?(in the current game).
Duffy Swiftshadow
There are no 20th level capstone abilities anymore if that's what you are worried about. They got rid of that and replaced it with Dedication bonus which scales with how much of a particular classes' stuff you slot and the ranks (also not current implemented yet). There may be some more milestone abilities, but you don't have to dedicate to get those, just reach the appropriate level at some point (still possibly daunting).
Smitty
I mentioned wisdom because it probably Will be a gate to monk abilities. Keep in mind stats dont help in pfo. They are used to gate what a charcter can learn.. and im only guessing monk will use it..
Cleric domains give wisdom.. as do gathering skills scavanger and forestry. Think apothecary and iconographer crating skills do.
Could focus on gathering and a role like that. Or cleric till monks happen.. but they are a long way off.
Ruiseart
I shall become a dedicated apothecary til monk comes out. I'll go for a brewmaster like monk. And maybe by the time Monk comes out I'll have it apothecary maxed.

Thanks every one for the helpful info.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post