Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Advice for a monk.

Lee Hammock
My advice on a Monk on the understanding that currently we have done very little development work on the Monk compared to most classes:

1. Buy spear. It's the only weapon currently in our lineup that is also a monk weapon in Pathfinder.
2. Buy up all your defense bonuses. Monks have awesome saves in table top.
3. Monks will have some form of cloth armor most likely in order to be tied into the item economy (and some sort of hand wraps for unarmed combat bonuses). I think you'd be hard pressed to play a cloth wearing melee combatant given the current feats and items, so you may want to suck it up and go with light armor for now.

Really spear focused rogue with lots of defense bonuses is probably the closest you can get to monk currently. Getting up your Dexterity and Wisdom are definitely good plans.
Quijenoth
Don't forget that monk weapons are mostly light weapons so dagger/short sword/club attacks with light weapon proficiency would be a good use of xp and will help raise that dex.
Giorgio
Sweet guidance, now let's all make a separate thread for advice for preping for a: Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer and see if Lee is feeling generous with info. (Grin)
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Fafryd
I appreciate the question and responses, given I am very interested in playing a monk in PFO.
Smitty
Bumped for guy interested in monk

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post