Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Static pvp objectives aren't as fun as dynamic

Elsworth Sugarfoot
OK, one thing that's effecting a lot of stuff in the game is the style of pvp objectives. Everyone (I think) agrees that dynamic ones are way more fun than the current static ones. For example:

The style of objective that emerges at the end of and escalation where you have to move around the hex completing it, then find the boss, then kill the boss and escape before the other group finds you.

This is more interesting than the current civil war style battle that you see at towers. It's part of the reason a lot of effects and playstyles aren't feeling as valuable or effective.

Personally, I would really like to see multihex objectives. A situation where one objective must be met in one hex, and then defended while you find something in one of the surrounding hexes creates a need for scouting and force deployment strategies that are very engaging for multiple playstyles and not just ranged dps.
Tink says Stab
Personally, I would really like to see multihex objectives. A situation where one objective must be met in one hex, and then defended while you find something in one of the surrounding hexes creates a need for scouting and force deployment strategies that are very engaging for multiple playstyles and not just ranged dps.

Agreed. Right now we just have King of the Hill. King of the Hill is boring, at least when it is all you have. I would love to see the introduction of things like Capture the Flag.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Duffy Swiftshadow
+1 For more systems to direct activity (Regardless of it being PvE or PvP tho I think PvP really needs the love)

*Cough*Banditry*Cough*
*Cough*Bounties*Cough*
*Cough*Assassinations*Cough*
(I knowwwww far out, but a man can dream can't he?)

Oooo maybe something like quasi-random faction objectives from time to time?
Aeryx
Gushers, while themselves being static, can hopefully pop up anywhere at any time. And since you're supposedly forced to contend with PvE at the same time, PvP'ing over them should be more interesting than towers.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Aeryx
Gushers, while themselves being static, can hopefully pop up anywhere at any time. And since you're supposedly forced to contend with PvE at the same time, PvP'ing over them should be more interesting than towers.

Yes, if there was a pvp objective you could achieve that would activate a gusher in a surrounding hex that would be interesting, and a good interchange between pvp and pve players.
Aeryx
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Aeryx

Yes, if there was a pvp objective you could achieve that would activate a gusher in a surrounding hex that would be interesting, and a good interchange between pvp and pve players.

That sounds like a cool idea.
Brighthaven Leader
+1 on the gushers.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Decius
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Aeryx

Or if harvesting a gusher made a global annoucent of the location.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post