Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Fighter Survival (How do shields work?//Dex armor bonus?)

JoJampa
Hallelujah! in-game information before we spend XP smile

Now if I only understood how to use wondrous items, charge gems, feat activations and all the rest .. in time I guess I'll know.
Carbon D Metric
Will Alpha 8 Feature implement actions to some degree, so my Cleric can heal for more than 50 measly HP?
JoJampa
I thought that I had a cleric in Alpha 6 that could use heal for 350. Or did something change in Alpha 7 and since I didn't try a cleric I completely missed it?
Stephen Cheney
Relative healing will not be in for Alpha 8. It's the 7th item remaining on my combat features request list.

But the orison heal is never meant to be very good. Once relative healing gets in, it's scheduled to change to 40 + 3% of max HP. So on someone with 1000 HP, it'll only heal 40% more than it does now. If you want to seriously repair someone, use a Cure spell.
Nihimon
Before Alpha 7.1, you automatically started with the Cleric Spell 'Heal' (or whatever it was called). In 7.1, that was no longer the case and you had to find Cleric Spells from killing mobs.

I was able to get a Learner's Spellbook (thanks, Miksi) and a number of spells, including Scorching Ray (which is awesome). I even learned Hold Person, thinking it was a Wizard Spell, but I was wrong and it's a Cleric Spell so I can't (won't) use it.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Edam
ProximaSin
I got a report the +1 Novitiate's chain I made for Edam's cleric increased his hp, but mine stayed the same. Was that because of the Blessed/Military keywords between Novitiate's/Soldier's at the +1 stage?
_<
That occurred when I slotted Evangelist with that armor and it was working as expected. I worked out later that Evangelist and the +1 Novitiate chain both have the keywords MEDIUM and BLESSED so I got two keyword hits and hence double the HP bonus from Evangelist.
Edam
Stephen Cheney
Relative healing will not be in for Alpha 8. It's the 7th item remaining on my combat features request list.

But the orison heal is never meant to be very good. Once relative healing gets in, it's scheduled to change to 40 + 3% of max HP. So on someone with 1000 HP, it'll only heal 40% more than it does now. If you want to seriously repair someone, use a Cure spell.

Will this also happen with feats like Crusader and Evangelist ? The current 50 or so HP bonus per keyword is awesome on a new character but will get pretty irrelevant at higher levels.
Stephen Cheney
Level 20 HP are meant to be no higher than 2000 or so for high-HP roles. Clerics get 400 base + 500-600 for maxed out armor + 500 if you buy the HP upgrade all the way up + 50 for maxed toughness for a max of around 1500. Fighters can get up to nearly 1700. Barbarians will probably be able to push 2000.

But I'd be happy to shave off more points from the permanent upgrade and move them to the bonus for armor smile .
Wolf of Rathglen
Yeah I was using soldier's medium armor with Dragoon armor feat which have zero keywords in common, I've found out since then. So the only affect I saw was my Reflex getting higher after removing the heavy armor penalty. If I had been using the ranged armor feat I would have had 4 keywords shared and seen a pretty good bonus, it seems like.
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.
Jakaal
As you can still slot secondary attacks from your main hand weapon with a shield it looks like this hasn't been addressed yet. However I do very much dislike the idea that shields give no passive bonus and will at some point lock out secondary attacks from my main hand.
Also the few shield attacks that there are no not apply killing blows to the achievements for shields yet.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post