Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Someday we will get the ability to log inoto a different character on the same account without restarting the client?

tribuzio
The title say it all.

Someday we will get the ability to log inoto a different character on the same account without restarting the client?

It would be a very nice feature.
Tink says Stab
A log out to character select would be very nice.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Nihimon
Oh, and what about being able to have two or more Characters from the same Account logged in at the same time?
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Edam
Nihimon
Oh, and what about being able to have two or more Characters from the same Account logged in at the same time?

Yep … the current implementation of multi-character accounts is the reason so many DTs are crafters and we have ended up with far too many crafters.
Tyncale
Nihimon
This way entire families (of 3) could all play with a single account. That would be seriously cutting into their profits. I don't think I have ever seen a MMO do this, not even BTP ones who would lose out on selling boxes.

Now if each of those characters could be put on their own (paid) gametime, then that would be another thing. Can only log in paying characters then.

So "paying", not "training". Because if "training" was the only prerequisite then DT accounts could be played by two people at the same time which would also cut into their profits.

I think the "too many DT crafters" will even out in the long haul. Hopefully, this game will become so succesful that DT accounts will be a drop in the bucket.

If anything, the fact that Crafting and Refining professions give such huge (and needed) Ability-boost are more of a threat to the "Too many crafters" thing then the DT accounts. Though tbh, I think we may have too many *low* level crafters right now, but I think that will taper off big time once a crafting level starts to cost tens of thousands of XP per level.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Shark
I'm more concerned about the login screen itself. You can't even press tab to enter your password…
GOOD POST
Nihimon
@Tyncale, the point is that Ryan told us years ago that we would be able to login multiple Characters from the same Account at the same time. That was working in Alpha. They turned it off to try to deal with some desync issues. I'm curious if they still intend to turn it back on again in the future.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Tyncale
If they do turn that on then be prepared to have to buy game-time for that second character too. You are right though, I remember them saying that at least the DT's could never be online at the same time, which indicates that they have been toying with that idea.

I do not think they thought it all the way through though. Logging in more then one character from a single, paying account will cut deeply in the amount of accounts being made, unless they monetize both characters to the fullest.

Even something like, if you have two characters training (non DT), where the monthly XP is being divided over both(not possible right now, just saying), would cost them unique paying accounts.
2 people playing at the same time for only 15 dollars a month, if for only half the xp.

Just does not sound like good business sense.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Tyncale
Even something like, if you have two characters training (non DT), where the monthly XP is being divided over both(not possible right now, just saying), would cost them unique paying accounts.
2 people playing at the same time for only 15 dollars a month, if for only half the xp.

Just does not sound like good business sense.
Because you are looking at it incorrectly. They aren't selling XP, they're selling game time. XP is free as long as you have time. The site doesn't offer 72,000 XP for $15, it offers a month of playing time. An account that divides it's time over two characters only gets half a month for $15.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tyncale
Playing two characters simultaneously from the same account, while paying only for one month of gametime does not seem like good business: they could be selling another month of gametime to that second player. I don't know how else I can put it.

As long as a single gametime-month has been paid for that account, then it does not even matter how the training and XP is divided. If two characters from that account can play at the same time, GW is cutting into their profits.

I log in on one computer playing Regalo. My son logs into the same account on another computer and plays Tyncale, which is also on that account. All for one gametime month.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post