Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Money sinks and faucets

tribuzio
I would like to get a rough idea of how much money we are getting from outside the game (from killing the NPC to be clear) against how much money is leaving the game.

My very rough estimate is that for feat between rank 7 to 12 e we pay about 10 cp for each 100 xp of the skill. The price vary wildly and I don't know the actual formula, but that seem the average.

So we need to bring into the game about 240 cp a day to keep with up with our training.
Note, we can get the money trading with others, but that don't bring money into the game, so if we get our 240 cp selling raw materials some other character has to bring 480 cp into the game to keep the incoming cash flow on par with the cash leaving the game.

With 3 characters my experience is that I am not bringing into the game enough money to pay for the training. I have a decent reserve as the money cost for training is a relatively recent addition and the low level skills cost way less,

Killing stronger mobs surely help but I am curious to get a rough estimate of what people get.

I would say that the days I dedicate myself to killing NPC I bring get 500-800 cp into the game, but if I make an average with the days I don't play or spend time PvPing or gathering resources bring that down to 200 or so cp/ day.

EDIT:
Checking the numbers the ratio for level 10 or so skills is around 1:50, not 1:10, so minimum wage is 2 cp/hour and a character that is training lever 10 or skills need less than 50 cp/day for training.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I'm not sure what Feats you are using, but in general, I am seeing less than 1cp/50xp at T2, or about 50cp/day max
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
tribuzio
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I'm not sure what Feats you are using, but in general, I am seeing less than 1cp/50xp at T2, or about 50cp/day max
To cite 2 Engineer 7 1:50, Protector of whatever is called the role feat 5, 1:7.
Most 4+ weapon feats are at less than 1:10 from what I recall. They vary wildly, but the general trend is for the ratio to go lower as your feat level increase.
Dreamslinger
tribuzio
My very rough estimate is that for feat between rank 7 to 12 e we pay about 10 cp for each 100 xp of the skill. The price vary wildly and I don't know the actual formula, but that seem the average.

Your numbers seem to be way off. I'm having trouble finding feats with anything close to a 10:1 xp/gold ratio.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
tribuzio
Caldeathe Baequiannia
To cite 2 Engineer 7 1:50, Protector of whatever is called the role feat 5, 1:7.
Most 4+ weapon feats are at less than 1:10 from what I recall. They vary wildly, but the general trend is for the ratio to go lower as your feat level increase.
So 1:50 is 2cp/100XP. Protection Prone level 5 is is 202cp for 11856 XP, or less than 2 copper/100XP I'm not sure where you found 1:7?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
tribuzio
Checked my character, he was trying to buy protection Prone 6. I can't check that at this time as we have lost control of some tower.

So, let's see some number

Pioneer 7
54 c 4311 XP 1:80
holdout weapon 19 c 1950 xp 1:100

harvest with secrets 3
26 c 2433 xp 1:94

harvest with secrets 4
82 c 5936 xp 1:73

Miner 8
221 c 12,713 xp 1:58

Miner 9
350 c 18.101 xp 1:52

Perception 8
26 c 2482 xp 1:96

Perception 9
49 c 3976 xp 1:82

Perception 10
84 c 6061 xp 1:73

So I was misreading the numbers. Sadly I can't check the 5+ weapon skills a this time.

Rank 2 bow
0 c 640 xp -

Rank 3 bow
18 c 1881 1:105

Rank 4 bow
57 c 4502 xp 1:78

I suppose the next rank is around 1:50

The argument is still valid, simply the minimum wage is 2 cp/hour.
Dreamslinger
tribuzio
The argument is still valid, simply the minimum wage is 2 cp/hour.

That's like one lap around around town killing everything you see once a day to keep up with training costs. That doesn't seem like a particularly high bar.
Tink says Stab
Or literally 5 T2 mobs. Or selling about 30 minutes worth of your crafting queue.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Thod-Theodum
That assumes you play every day and have no DT.

There once was a time this game was also advertised for the casual gamer …

To be honest - the real problem is mid-tier. Low tier you don't pay for most training. High tier you gain a lot more from monsters - so it doesn't matter that you pay 1 cp for 50 XP and not for 100 XP as you get enough from slaying lucrative monsters.

But in-between can be tough if you don't play every day.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Thod-Theodum
Tink says Stab
Or literally 5 T2 mobs. Or selling about 30 minutes worth of your crafting queue.

Tried this and got not enough.

For a starter you need to be in a town with a working AH - or you add 45 minutes round tour EL - KB to selling stuff. Then you only get the money when you are at the AH itself. So you can't leave it and go. Yes you can have a 1K alt - but you still need to transfer and move the money.

T1 stuff hardly sells at all - so you can go to Thornkeep.

Easiest way - kill some monsters - get a T2 recipe - and you get at least 10 sp for it if you sell it that cheap. Lets make this 15 sp and it is 1 T2 recipe / week. But not every player is good enough to solo mobs to get T2 recipes.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post