Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Money sinks and faucets

Thod-Theodum
Tink says Stab
Or literally 5 T2 mobs. Or selling about 30 minutes worth of your crafting queue.

Tried this and got not enough.

For a starter you need to be in a town with a working AH - or you add 45 minutes round tour EL - KB to selling stuff. Then you only get the money when you are at the AH itself. So you can't leave it and go. Yes you can have a 1K alt - but you still need to transfer and move the money.

T1 stuff hardly sells at all - so you can go to Thornkeep.

Easiest way - kill some monsters - get a T2 recipe - and you get at least 10 sp for it if you sell it that cheap. Lets make this 15 sp and it is 1 T2 recipe / week. But not every player is good enough to solo mobs to get T2 recipes.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Dreamslinger
I don't really see the issue. For the past month or so I've only really played a few hours a week and I make more than I spend on training.

I can see how it might become an issue if you are tryinging to maintain multiple accounts but at that point you kind of cease to be casual.
Dreamslinger
The auction house situation is temporary. Soon almost every settlement will probably end up with one. I'd imagine that once that happens (and buy orders become a thing) that players will be able to make decent coin buying from settlements that have active gatherers and farmers and hauling and selling those resources to active crafting settlements.
tribuzio
It can have been missed, by I am interested in how much money enter the game against how much money leave it.
Trade don't matter for this point of view, it is part of how much you can earn, a different value.

Currently we have money faucets: the NPC.
And money sinks: the training.

The basic question is: they are balanced? You get an extra influx of money? a shortage?

After the great disaster we will have a added sink, the cost to support the buildings. How that change things?

How large or how small is the difference between how much money enter the game and how much money leave the game is what set the prices of the items.

If lots of money enter the game and a small quantity leave it we will have a large inflation for high end items, if not probably the high end items will never be put on sale on the AH but only crafted for settlement members.

You should consider the crafters and gatherers- They don't add money tot he game but they remove it with training.
Tink says Stab
They also remove it through AH fees. At least for now.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Edam
Tink says Stab

I thought those were turned off at present ?

Another (very small) money sink is the 25% of coin lost when you die (and any random coin in uncollected husks).
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
Tink says Stab

Listing fee is turned off. The 5% commission ( "selling fee" ) is not.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Rynnik
Edam
Tink says Stab

Another (very small) money sink is the 25% of coin lost when you die (and any random coin in uncollected husks).
And deleted coin.

I heard somewhere there is a group that does a bit of that. smile
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Edam
Rynnik
Edam
Tink says Stab

And deleted coin.

I heard somewhere there is a group that does a bit of that. smile

It weighs too much.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post