Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Nothing to Fight for...

Decius
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Decius
Fallen Earth's "PvP zones" had so much resources and so many people that wanted to gather unmolested that there was no PvP. That might be better if there was looting of corpses, but not by much.

After reading this a few times, it still does not make any sense. If there were open PvP zones, and plenty of people willing to go there for valuable resources, why would there be no PvP?

Wanting to gather unmolested, does not mean that they will be unmolested if they enter the zone. If gatherers want to be unmolested they have the choice to limit themselves to lower value gathering. That is the basis of zone based resources and PvP.
Anyone who started anything would instantly have to deal with all of the dozen or so characters gathering, who would promptly put the agressor down and then retun to what they were there for.
Midnight
Edam
At the moment it seems Xelias is the only group were players seem loyal to the larger group rather than the settlement. Everyone else is Settlement focused.

As a simple member of Xeilias, not a spokesman, I have a settlement preference in the kingdom. But I'm also a company/settlement hopper because I find it interesting to visit the various company/settlement cultures, as well as it sometimes providing me with more PvP.

What you see (at least for me) isn't a lack of settlement focus, as much as simply remaining flexible in a very small population game that kind of demands flexibility (at least from the less populous side of a forever war).
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Well with nhur popping all month long there goes that scarcity. God forbid everyone not have access to everything and have an overflowing bank account to boot.

God forbid every settlement not be given every structure they need and not be forced to trade or go without.
Brighthaven Leader
Yea, was kind of hoping that after they went down that was it, but GW seems to want to over saturate everything into the economy. I guess they are hoping we all stockpile everything for open enrollment and sell it then.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Lisa Stevens
I'll post this here too, from the email Ryan sent out to everyone last Thursday announcing the Wrath of Nhur Athemon event:

"A Month of Adventure

The Wrath of Nhur Athemon will be active for 30 days once it begins. Once the event has been cleared from each Tower hex it will not respawn. We will monitor the progress of the event closely and if we believe it's necessary to introduce additional instances of the event so that everyone who wishes can earn an Azlanti Stone before the end of the event, we'll do so."

This wasn't meant to be a scare resource that the speedy and big guys could swoop up. This is an event that we meant for everyone to partake in over the course of a few weekends. A lot of time and effort went into making this event happen, and we want to make sure that everyone has a chance to partake of it. With PaizoCon UK happening last weekend, we knew we needed to make sure that there is many opportunities for the players in the game to have fun with this event.

-Lisa
Rynnik
Lisa,

I know Lee said he would do math, I know you folks are watching carefully, and I know it is something GW DOES care about but what about the economic implications?

We devoured Nhur Athemon. The rewards for doing so were huge. Are you sure a full month of this faucet won't have some fairly negative long term implications?

I love that everyone is having this much fun with the faucets cracked way open, but I am scared we may pay a very heavy long term price for it with the economy still trying to settle in and get ticking. Especially with limited ability on your end to track exactly how much is where.

Thoughts?
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Lisa Stevens
Rynnik
Lisa,

I know Lee said he would do math, I know you folks are watching carefully, and I know it is something GW DOES care about but what about the economic implications?

We devoured Nhur Athemon. The rewards for doing so were huge. Are you sure a full month of this faucet won't have some fairly serious long term implications?

I love that everyone is having this much fun with the faucets cracked way open, but I am scared we may pay a very heavy long term price for it with the economy still trying to settle in and get ticking. Especially with limited ability on your end to track exactly how much is where.

Thoughts?

My personal thoughts are that for most folks, there isn't enough coin in the economy. I think we are just starting to get to the point where folks are able and willing to spend some money on decent gear, and not have to hoard it all for training. The auction houses are starting to move goods and folks now have money to spend on buying various mats for crafting rather than having to gather it all themselves. The fact that I was able to buy 400 iron ore and put some money in the pockets of a gatherer where a few weeks ago I couldn't have done that is a good thing, IMHO.

It is easy to look at the biggest settlements and use them as the baseline, but that would be wrong IMHO. The majority of the server doesn't have the wealth of the EBA or Empire, so I need to keep them in mind when thinking about the economy. Again, in my opinion.

-Lisa
Rynnik
Lisa Stevens
My personal thoughts are that for most folks, there isn't enough coin in the economy.
Alright. Acknowledged. I hope you are right. IMHO the economy made EVE what it is today and the economy broke DF:UW beyond recovery.

I personally think there might be a bit of a misrepresentation where a lot of the accessible loud voices are those with a ratio of many many accounts to one active player and that may be skewing their perceptions about training costs (not to mention being a topic that many players can typically be disingenuous about).

I hope when analytic dev time happens a lot of it is economic in focus.

I think you may be surprised to find some of poorest members in the biggest groups and some really rich folks in the small groups who don't have many other distractions. So many ways you could chose to interpret the little we know I guess.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
MidknightDiamond
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Well with nhur popping all month long there goes that scarcity. God forbid everyone not have access to everything and have an overflowing bank account to boot.

God forbid every settlement not be given every structure they need and not be forced to trade or go without.
With fallow time working correctly, we're already going to have scarcity with regular escalations and just feeding in a few of these here and there for a single month won't be scarce either. I think we'll be fine.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post