Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Splitting Physical Damage into Piercing/Slashing/Bludgeoning

Phyllain
Tink forging at its finest.
Tigari
+10!
Quijenoth Starkiller
Phyllain
Tink forging at its finest.

All you need is faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust…. smile
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Kero
Technically, it's Decius' forging reported on by Tink. But whatever, now that we now that Devs have Tink-meetings where they stab each other… smile

Anyway, generally +1. And absolutely in favour of different arrows being available for different damage types as per Rynnik's suggestion. Knives could be piercing or slashing, even spears could double as blunt weapons (sorry, no more stab for Tink… ). At least have one attack per weapon use an "alternative" damage type, but come at some disadvantage, like reduced damage or (for arrows, e.g.) shorter range.
Decius
Wyborn Cathmor
Dreamslinger
I like the idea but it seems like it might be toughest on Rogues since almost all of their weapons would end up being piercing wouldn't they?

Daggers are piercing OR slashing in table top games. It should not be an issue to have a weapon count as multiple attack types.
Weapons don't have damage types. Attacks have damage types. It would be trivial to have some dagger attacks be piercing, some slashing, and even have a 'pommel strike' bludgeoning. I feel like the off-type damage attacks should have a moderate penalty where they exist, because hitting a skeleton with the pommel of your dagger to hurt it is strange. (Perhaps a negative precise modifier?)
Edam
Kero
Technically, it's Decius' forging reported on by Tink. But whatever, now that we now that Devs have Tink-meetings where they stab each other… smile

Anyway, generally +1. And absolutely in favour of different arrows being available for different damage types as per Rynnik's suggestion. Knives could be piercing or slashing, even spears could double as blunt weapons (sorry, no more stab for Tink… ). At least have one attack per weapon use an "alternative" damage type, but come at some disadvantage, like reduced damage or (for arrows, e.g.) shorter range.

There already are different arrows. At least at one point in game (have not checked recently but I doubt it changed) Broadhead's had the slashing keyword and Bodkin had piercing.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post