Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Dropping Company to Avoid Feud

Elsworth Sugarfoot
I'm not talking about locking people into a company.

Leaving a feuded company makes you a coward and a deserter. You should be red to everyone for the remaining length of the feud. There should be extremely deleterious effects for deserting. Historically these individuals are killed by their own side.

If your company cannot stand up to the feud your settlement/alliance either needs to support you, or make peace with aggressor. There are other options besides logging off. These are individuals who aren't willing to pay the price for their warmongering or the unbending stances of their leaders/allies.
Decius
Can we not drop to the level of making personal attacks against players?
Rynnik
Decius
You probably can. You tend to drop to that level all the time.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Phyllain
LOL
Midnight
Elsworth Sugarfoot
I'm not talking about locking people into a company.

Leaving a feuded company makes you a coward and a deserter. You should be red to everyone for the remaining length of the feud. There should be extremely deleterious effects for deserting. Historically these individuals are killed by their own side.

If your company cannot stand up to the feud your settlement/alliance either needs to support you, or make peace with aggressor. There are other options besides logging off. These are individuals who aren't willing to pay the price for their warmongering or the unbending stances of their leaders/allies.

What if they leave a feuded company for a feuding company (like because THAT feud has an approaching PvP window they want to participate in).

I wouldn't be surprised if many of us haven't done that at some point since feuds started.

Are they cowards for leaving to seek more PvP or more meaningful PvP (as much as towers could have been called meaningful)?

You're going to have a hard time shaming me into standing around to satisfy a Nihimon or Decius led gank squad that may never show up in my location when I can jump into a company to attack their holdings, and have a more likely chance of actually getting some PvP.

I'm not sure how serious your stance is, and I can actually understand wanting something that feels like resolution or satisfaction, but my experience in Eve has shown me players have a variety of ways to dodge their enemies, including just logging into an alt. So if I seem ho-hum about it and seem to feel that having your intended victims dodging war-decs is simply inevitable, it is just because that has been the reality of my decade spent in sandbox PvP.

The degradation/capture/destruction of holdings may have to suffice for satisfaction. Destroying the enemy's Player Owned Stations gave me great satisfaction in Eve.

stealth edit:

Thinking more about it, staying red to each feud you leave could be fun, as long as it remains a two-way redness. I could company hop into and out of every feud in the game and have a target rich environment, even in this low population world (while correspondingly being a target to all those people, too).
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Decius
Rynnik
Decius
Is that because I told your overlords that I considered getting a restraining order against you, personally, regarding your rape threats?

Can we please try to climb out of the pit of toxic behavior which will kill PFO?
Rynnik
Decius
Rynnik
Decius
Is that because I told your overlords that I considered getting a restraining order against you, personally, regarding your rape threats?

Can we please try to climb out of the pit of toxic behavior which will kill PFO?
Quoting that for awesome.

Rape threats eh?
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Tink says Stab
http://i.imgur.com/FhbERyY.jpg
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Jesus guys, can we just skip the 10 pages of of EBA v EoX bs. I specifically said in the OP I don't blame the people who do this. I just think that cowardice and desertion should cause you to red to everyone for the length of the feud.
Lykam
http://goo.gl/2eKcTg
Remember my name. It's beneficial for your future.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post