Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Dropping Company to Avoid Feud

Midnight
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Jesus guys, can we just skip the 10 pages of of EBA v EoX bs. I specifically said in the OP I don't blame the people who do this. I just think that cowardice and desertion should cause you to red to everyone for the length of the feud.

ok, I get why the feuding company gets to be red with the deserter, Eve had some rules about wardecs following you (and even attaching to the companies you join if they accept you)…and I kind of get the idea of the abandoned company being red to the deserter (if that is what the abandoned company actually wanted). But I don't see why some uninvolved party like Ozem's Vigil should get to have the deserter be red to them any longer than the mere minute they see a murderer turn red, effectively making the character killable by vastly more people than they faced in the feud.

Your suggestion effectively *DOES* lock him into the company *if* you think that red state should last longer than the deserter's first death. No reasonable person is going to choose to have 600 people hunt them non-stop for the duration of the feud instead of the 20 that feuded them. They'll just not login feuded characters if they aren't into being feuded. Such a solution won't gain you the satisfaction of killing them, or even hearing of them being killed. It will just be one less player in the game (unless they have effective alts who are unfeuded).
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Midnight
ok, I get why the feuding company gets to be red with the deserter, Eve had some rules about wardecs following you (and even attaching to the companies you join if they accept you)…and I kind of get the idea of the abandoned company being red to the deserter (if that is what the abandoned company actually wanted).

That would be a fine solution with me.

If you can't face the consequences of a feud with a group maybe you shouldn't get into it with them. If you aren't "into being feuded" conduct yourself like Emerald Lodge, not like Phaeros and EoX.
Midnight
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Midnight
ok, I get why the feuding company gets to be red with the deserter, Eve had some rules about wardecs following you (and even attaching to the companies you join if they accept you)…and I kind of get the idea of the abandoned company being red to the deserter (if that is what the abandoned company actually wanted).

That would be a fine solution with me.

If you can't face the consequences of a feud with a group maybe you shouldn't get into it with them. If you aren't "into being feuded" conduct yourself like Emerald Lodge, not like Phaeros and EoX.

agreed.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post