Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Harad Navar
My wife asked me a very important question last night:
"Why are you wasting so much emotional energy on people acting like malcontent teenagers?"
And of course, she was right.

I have great respect for the mad skills of several Golgothans. They have trained hard and focused specifically to be the best they can be at what they do. They have been able to kill my characters easily and often. Frankly, it's not that hard.

But at best Golgotha is just another escalation with a better AI but with really pitiful loot drops. And like all escalations they will eventually become predictable, boring, and inconsequential in the overall scheme of things in PFO.

At worst, they are just people who feel justified to dominate or coerce others by intimidation and acts of violence in order to produce widespread fear for their own aggrandizement.

I am done wasting emotional energy on Golgotha. So go ahead, repeatedly kill my characters anytime you find them. Those actions are irreverent to my enjoyment of this game. Unfortunately, so is Golgotha.

Harad Navar of the 36th Order
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Rynnik
Great thread.

Have you ever thought about joining Emerald Lodge?
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Mbando
Brother, I'm very sorry that this aspect of the game bugs you, but do you understand that this is the discursive equivalent of showing vampires that you don't care any more, by setting up a blood bank? For a decent chunk of Golgotha, this kind of post is enormously satisfying and meaningful.
A member of Ozem's Vigil, home to servants of Iomedae and her coming Paladins.
Midnight
2 questions…

How many times have we killed you in 7.3 months?

Are you in the EBA?

The EBA seems to crave the forever war just as much as I do. Anyone who doesn't want to be in the forever war has dozens of settlements who'd LOVE to have another member, and their recruiters will assure you that they almost never get killed in PvP.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
coach
kudos for using "aggrandizement" in a forum post

+1

in coaching, i call those people "self-clappers"
coach - Dreamless Company

PM coach on Paizo Forum
Flynn Pontis
Look Harad it is not Golgotha's goal and certainly not my goal to upset you or any other players, it does happen though believe me I don't like dying as much as the next guy. I am assuming that you are a member of the EBA and I can't blame you for being upset, I would however like to draw your attention to why you are dying. Golgotha is at war with the entirety of the EBA, soldiers, crafters and gatherers alike. And why are we at war? Because your leadership is willing to engage in this war. Better yet they are willing to make claims to new players saying that the EBA is a safe place to play. Your leadership is responsible for putting your self and countless others directly in the line of fire to in the pursuit of a forever war.

I want to make this clear we are not trying to upset you to the point that you don't login, we are however trying to make you question your allegiance. I can tell you that there are several settlements that can provide you with a safe place to Pve and gather in peace, Forgeholm, Emerald Lodge, Canis Castrum, Stoneroot Glade, Talonguard and Hopes end. I have great respect for these settlements and their leaders because they are what they promise to be and more. They protect their members and they are fun to play with and even against sometimes. So before you write this whole thing off as a Golgothans being jerks situation look at the bigger picture and ask yourself is my leadership working to advance my interests or are they just using me?
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Flynn Pontis
Look Harad it is not Golgotha's goal and certainly not my goal to upset you or any other players, it does happen though believe me I don't like dying as much as the next guy. I am assuming that you are a member of the EBA and I can't blame you for being upset, I would however like to draw your attention to why you are dying. Golgotha is at war with the entirety of the EBA, soldiers, crafters and gatherers alike. And why are we at war? Because your leadership is willing to engage in this war. Better yet they are willing to make claims to new players saying that the EBA is a safe place to play. Your leadership is responsible for putting your self and countless others directly in the line of fire to in the pursuit of a forever war.

I want to make this clear we are not trying to upset you to the point that you don't login, we are however trying to make you question your allegiance. I can tell you that there are several settlements that can provide you with a safe place to Pve and gather in peace, Forgeholm, Emerald Lodge, Canis Castrum, Stoneroot Glade, Talonguard and Hopes end. I have great respect for these settlements and their leaders because they are what they promise to be and more. They protect their members and they are fun to play with and even against sometimes. So before you write this whole thing off as a Golgothans being jerks situation look at the bigger picture and ask yourself is my leadership working to advance my interests or are they just using me?

Aragon is also not a participant in this forever war, and has been peacefully and quietly growing its capacity to support even veteran players.

Harad and others like him would be welcome in Aragon, and have the freedom to follow his own path. I have always maintained an alt, a future monk, who would follow Harad's 36th Order.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Locke
@flynn pontis

YOu neglected Tavernhold in that list of places (e.g. Stoneroot Glade, Talonguard) where Harad would be welcome. We comprise a national alliance that is very supportive of choice. (That would make me the second oldest player up here. 8-)

Talonguard is for Crafters/REfiners; Stoneroot Glade is for Rogues/Wizards; and Tavernhold is for parties, oh fighters /Clerics. There are many broken lands, monster homes and a wide variety of landscapes – crops, highland, and woods with mountain near by (sorry no river or swamp).
Flynn Pontis
Sorry I didn't mean any offense to those I didn't mention, those that were not mentioned were simply because I thought they fell in the same general grouping ie political block as one of the settlements mentioned, it is the same reason I wouldn't list out all of the EOX settlements. The point remains that there are a variety of capable settlements to choose from that would be happy to have you as shown by the posts in response. smile
Edam
Harad Navar
I am done wasting emotional energy on Golgotha. So go ahead, repeatedly kill my characters anytime you find them. Those actions are irreverent to my enjoyment of this game. Unfortunately, so is Golgotha.

Harad Navar of the 36th Order

You are missing the meta-game here. There is an ongoing meta battle with one side attempting to convince the devs that EITHER they actually meant low/no penalty ganking of non combatants is OK with a suitable role play excuse when they said "PFO is a PvP game but will not be a murder sim" OR that they were simply wrong opposing a "murder sim" and claiming that the game will fail if they do not allow minimal/no penalty scrappy small gang unsanctioned PvP - and the other side pushing for more of the original advertised large battle formation maneuver vision of PvP.

It will actually be rather interesting to see how it pans out - as you sometimes get the impression that even within the devs there is division with for example Ryan and Lee seeming to hold quite different views on appropriate penalties and the future significance (if any) of alignments.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post