Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Smitty
Bringslite - I don’t mean this the wrong way but how many feuds have you taken part in? How many crafters have you lost during a feud? How many times have you been killed logging in?

I see the guards as keepers of the law. They attack people that don’t follow the law. Folks who have spent influence to fight each other have followed the law and should be valid targets for each other.

My first questions are there because the way you ask them makes it sound like that is happening every hour or so to you. If your fears are hypothetical a little prevention beforehand makes all of them almost irrelevant.

If you are in hostilities with other groups, it would be wise to check your feud window before opening that crafting window / auction window.

Also get in the habit of logging out in places that are not the bank if you think you are going to be in a feud on your return.

Ask in voice comms if things are safe before logging in. ( if not you get to warn they next person logging in).
I have been killed in my tavern when I wasn’t feuded, took 10 people and the guards got 4 of them on the way out of town. So even with guards you aren’t exactly safe just standing around so to speak.
Decius
Doc
Maybe Goblin Works doesn't want players to have an infinite invulnerability zone?

I don't know. I get the impression that Goblin Works is pretty OK with how EoX has been conducting themselves and the amount of PvP they instigate.

Goblin Works has had plenty of opportunities and avenues by which they could more significantly curtail PvP in different contexts, but they have actually taken steps to increase it and/or reduce protections from. My understanding of future game features like factions and such will only continue that trajectory.
If the intended outcome is that high-ranking Merchants who log out in a settlement die every time they log in, we should pull the plug now.
Rynnik
Decius
If the intended outcome is that high-ranking Merchants who log out in a settlement die every time they log in, we should pull the plug now.
lol

I actually totally agree.

Thank goodness the reality of PFO is so far from that.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Decius
When bandits can attack merchants the way feuding companies can attack each other, I bet that bandits will hang out in locations where merchants log in.
Doc
When bandits can attack merchants the way feuding companies can attack each other, I bet that bandits will hang out in locations where merchants log in.

Then ask Goblin Works why they intend to add such features.
Rynnik
Decius
If only merchants had some sort of control over where they log in.

Allow me to use my crayolas - that location relates to where they previously logged out.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Smitty
Crafters and merchants now load things from their bank, they don’t have to carry the stuff to the AH or crafting station to make anything. So what exactly are they risking standing at the auction house or crafter station?

Asking your crafters/ merchants to check for a feud window before opening those interfaces, does not seem unreasonable.

Asking your self is there a safer place to log out besides righti n front of the bank, because you may be in a feud when you log in, is not unreasonable.

If you know you in a feud and log in a character in the middle of it, you are sort of asking to be attacked. You can always ask your pals if it is safe, if it is not ask them to run through the area so the people chase them so you can log in safely.

Many ways to deal with the issues ..
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Doc
players should be able to play with the group of people with whom they desire to play.

I'm pretty sure they can. They just can't do that and not have to deal with any consequences stemming from something their friends got mixed up in.

I think people are just saying if that reality is not doable, then there are other places to live in game where those consequences are not an issue.

+1

This is exactly the negative feedback loop Nihimon used to pose all the time. He applied it to negative reputation characters first, but then once he realized that rep could be gamed, he applied it to negative meta reputation. Essentially it is guilt by association, which seemed to be fine when it was AGC's actions being tied to Aragon, but not when EBA's leadership (and I think it is particularly TSV's leadership) has created a meta game reputation through in-game actions that has resulted in the Forever War.

New recruits being caught off guard by the unrevealed war status have only one source to blame. Veteran players who have become war weary, have just one source to appeal to.

This is not an issue of a new player not expecting the game to be overrun by PvP. It is an issue of a new player being mislead or not realizing there are alternative settlements to join if they wish to be safer.

Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Doc
Smitty,

Many ways to deal with the issues ..

Changing their own behavior would be tacit acceptance of the status quo, which by all of the points brought up by the complaintents suggest they are in opposition to.

They don't want to change their own behavior, they want EoX to change their behavior.
Tigari
Decius

Why? Most people who log out in a town put everything in the bank first (the smart ones..or non-forgetful ones, I admit to logging off with stuff in my inventory once or twice). Merchants who first log in shouldn't have anything on them, so Bandits have no reason to attack them. Just because a Bandit CAN, does not mean he WILL (unless they too, are not very intelligent). If anything, the bandit will be waiting outside of the settlement waiting for the merchant to try to haul some goods.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post