Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Elsworth Sugarfoot
Can we please stop calling EoX killing EBA "Random Killing" and "PvP for the lulz?"

Decius
Ryan Dancey
When Holding & Outpost Warfare is turned on (very, very soon) suddenly you will have real territorial control battles and you will face real risks. If you don't defend your Holdings, you'll lose them. If you lose them, your opponent may get some of your stuff. If you can't pay your weekly upkeep your training options will be reduced. Killing random people in Settlements "for the lulz" shouldn't happen much since it's pointless and real, meaningful PvP can be had elsewhere.
I don't see any change to the incentives. It will be just as entertaining to attack characters in town as it was before, and as Tink pointed out the meaningful PvP will be limited to the time that the defenders are prepared for.
Wyborn Cathmor
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Can we please stop calling EoX killing EBA "Random Killing" and "PvP for the lulz?"

Elsworth,

The problem with that is that I know people who have been randomly killed whilst traveling/gathering alone by various members of EoX in the mountains near Keeper's Pass (some unaffiliated with ANY company). This activity happened while we were, supposedly, in a cease fire and continues today during our current time of war.

Now, I am not saying that you and yours have not been attacked randomly by members of the EBA for various reasons. They probably have. During acts of war I have personally traveled with war bands into your lands to do battle. The only times I have been in EoX lands actually was as part of a war band during times of war.

All I can tell you is that from my perspective, as a citizen of Keeper's Pass, is that you and yours hunted ours war or no war. Hence the perception of you all being murderers.

This may be an incorrect perception but it is the one that exists and perception creates reality as they say.

I am sure your perception of most of the EBA is not much better. /shrug
Wyborn Cathmor of Keeper's Pass
"The first gift you ever receive is your family. We all grow from the seeds of our parents' plant."
-Parables of Erastil
Edam
To be fair a lot of that negative publicity dates to a time when you could not tell what settlement a character was a member of and Xelias was killing anyone in the EBA area.

You did announce that on the forums. Unfortunately many people, and especially new players, do not read the forums so there was an awful lot of random wanderers roaming the map that accidentally got mixed up in that mess.

Once you get a reputation like that it takes a long while for it to dissipate.
Brighthaven Leader
I think every time I have been killed was outside of a feud.

Though, I thought the 14 vs 1 battle we had the other day, where I was trapped and killed half dozen times was fun.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Decius
Ryan Dancey
When Holding & Outpost Warfare is turned on (very, very soon) suddenly you will have real territorial control battles and you will face real risks. If you don't defend your Holdings, you'll lose them. If you lose them, your opponent may get some of your stuff. If you can't pay your weekly upkeep your training options will be reduced. Killing random people in Settlements "for the lulz" shouldn't happen much since it's pointless and real, meaningful PvP can be had elsewhere.
I don't see any change to the incentives. It will be just as entertaining to attack characters in town as it was before, and as Tink pointed out the meaningful PvP will be limited to the time that the defenders are prepared for.

"Meaningfulness" is not dependent on willingness or preparedness. The objective is what makes the attack meaningful or not. The outcome will modify it upwards or downwards, but never remove its initial meaningfulness of the objective.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Quijenoth
Wyborn Cathmor
Elsworth,

The problem with that is that I know people who have been randomly killed whilst traveling/gathering alone by various members of EoX in the mountains near Keeper's Pass (some unaffiliated with ANY company). This activity happened while we were, supposedly, in a cease fire and continues today during our current time of war.

You are talking about a time when it was difficult to identify someone's alligance (not info at top of screen) so in many cases it was kill first ask questions later. This is not exclusive to EBA territory - it happened everywhere and not just by EoX members. It was almost a daily occurance around Marchmont.
Drogon
I agree with Elsworth that anyone in the EBA or EoX that is killed anywhere at anytime by the opposing alliance is NOT random killing, active feud or not… We are currently at war and this is a PVP game…. That being said, if unaffiliated players that are NOT known combatants are randomly killed than this should be called out and discouraged…..
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Thod-Theodum
I remember when someone from Sensou took out one of our gatherers.

Sensou boasted another Golgotha kill
Our member thought he had been killed by Golgotha

These damn evil Golgothan's are everywhere …
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Tink says Stab
Ah yes, the Schrödinger's Golgothan phenomenon.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post