Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Dreamslinger
Golgothan's are just stories told by parents to scare their children into behaving properly.

"Remember kids, when you harvest from a node that is almost depleted you may just end up spawning a Golgothan who will come to harvest you."
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Drogon
I agree with Elsworth that anyone in the EBA or EoX that is killed anywhere at anytime by the opposing alliance is NOT random killing, active feud or not… We are currently at war and this is a PVP game…. That being said, if unaffiliated players that are NOT known combatants are randomly killed than this should be called out and discouraged.….

Are you just speaking for EBA and GOL, or is that supposed to be a community guideline?

When you say "called out", what exactly does that mean?

As for "discouraged", the reputation system already does that. Plus, there is already the potential for retaliation via killing the Attacker in return or feuding the attacker's company if he or she is a member of one.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Saiph the Fallen
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Drogon
I agree with Elsworth that anyone in the EBA or EoX that is killed anywhere at anytime by the opposing alliance is NOT random killing, active feud or not… We are currently at war and this is a PVP game…. That being said, if unaffiliated players that are NOT known combatants are randomly killed than this should be called out and discouraged.….

Are you just speaking for EBA and GOL, or is that supposed to be a community guideline?

As for "discouraged", the reputation system already does that. Plus, there is already the potential for retaliation via killing the Attacker in return or feuding the attacker's company if he or she is a member of one.

The reputation system is not a meaningful deterrent. Next.
Doc
If your expectation of "deterrent" is to have an activity not occur ever, you'll likely never get satisfaction here.
Tink says Stab
The reputation system deters the hell out of me.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Saiph the Fallen
Go read a blog or three about the intended reputation system. Like, are we really arguing about this when we already have had it laid out?
Tink says Stab
The blogs from two years ago? I can almost guarantee that the design that the developers have in mind has changed since then. Just like it has for almost every other major system. No plan survives first contact.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Dreaden
Rep hits are detrimental to my play time. For example I went deep into the negatives after killing high rep unflagged player during the event. As a result I couldn't enter a town to bank and basically had to log out for 2 days until I had enough rep to enter a town and bank. This forced me to miss the convoy ops back to golgotha and when I could finally get all my loot, I had to make a very high risk solo run across half the map with a lot of high level spells and recipes. So, as a consequence for PvP I lost 2 days of game time and put myself in a very nerve raking situation. Doesn't sound very trivial to me..
Doc
The blogs from two years ago?

Somebody learning about the training support system and settlements by using blog posts from 2 years ago are going to be really confused over the course of the next few weeks.
Drogon
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Drogon

I speak my own personal opinion. I do not officially speak for EBA or EOX.
Called out can take many forms.. I meant in the forums or in general like usually happens. However, I really havent seen much as of late because I have not heard of many new player or unaffiliated killings recently.
The reputation system has no real teeth imo.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post