Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Wyborn Cathmor
Quijenoth
Wyborn Cathmor
Elsworth,

The problem with that is that I know people who have been randomly killed whilst traveling/gathering alone by various members of EoX in the mountains near Keeper's Pass (some unaffiliated with ANY company). This activity happened while we were, supposedly, in a cease fire and continues today during our current time of war.

You are talking about a time when it was difficult to identify someone's alligance (not info at top of screen) so in many cases it was kill first ask questions later. This is not exclusive to EBA territory - it happened everywhere and not just by EoX members. It was almost a daily occurance around Marchmont.

Which goes to another point. People often say that Goblinworks needs to provide mechanical ways to do X. Banditry, for example. Why is it nearly always a kill first ask questions later scenario? If banditry, not murder, is the intent then why not approach the gatherer/traveler and state, "Give me all your <insert desired loot here>." Or if they are trespassing open dialogue as that doesn't immediately involve stabbing?

Answer? Because people do not want to give up first strike advantage. There is no mechanic/system needed to be a bandit… just say, "Give me your loot!" and see what happens. They will either capitulate, run, or fight.

I do not gather often… but twice (with a rather lengthy period between) Phyllian has found me gathering and killed me (once alone and once with Nivia Ray). Both times I was simply not outfitted for combat and was beaten easily. Neither time was there any dialogue prior to being killed. I would have loved to have actually been approached and engaged.

Will I lose any sleep over being attacked? Nope. I lost a few pieces of a coal and had an interesting conversation with Phyllian after the fact.

My point after rambling is that PvP is more than stabbing. We have the ability to have meaningful interaction that doesn't immediately have to result in violence… it very likely could go that way quickly of course.

But again… people do not want to give up that first strike advantage. Hence murder is the banditry of the land even though it does not necessarily have to be.
Wyborn Cathmor of Keeper's Pass
"The first gift you ever receive is your family. We all grow from the seeds of our parents' plant."
-Parables of Erastil
BlackMoria
Dreaden
Rep hits are detrimental to my play time. For example I went deep into the negatives after killing high rep unflagged player during the event. As a result I couldn't enter a town to bank and basically had to log out for 2 days until I had enough rep to enter a town and bank. This forced me to miss the convoy ops back to golgotha and when I could finally get all my loot, I had to make a very high risk solo run across half the map with a lot of high level spells and recipes. So, as a consequence for PvP I lost 2 days of game time and put myself in a very nerve raking situation. Doesn't sound very trivial to me..

It was not a deterrence, it was an inconvenience. A small distinction, but a distinction nonetheless.
Rynnik
BlackMoria
Dreaden
Rep hits are detrimental to my play time. For example I went deep into the negatives after killing high rep unflagged player during the event. As a result I couldn't enter a town to bank and basically had to log out for 2 days until I had enough rep to enter a town and bank. This forced me to miss the convoy ops back to golgotha and when I could finally get all my loot, I had to make a very high risk solo run across half the map with a lot of high level spells and recipes. So, as a consequence for PvP I lost 2 days of game time and put myself in a very nerve raking situation. Doesn't sound very trivial to me..

It was not a deterrence, it was a inconvenience. A small distinction, but a distinction nonetheless.
How exactly can you proclaim that?

How many times has Dreaden avoided repeating that activity due to the experience he related to you?

Even HE can't tell you as subconsciously he could be shifting the choices he makes in playing the game just to avoid the conscious choice occurring.

Calling it a deterrence is 100% fair.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Doc
If laundry detergent doesn't get a stain out of my shirt, it doesn't mean it isn't laundry detergent, it just means that in that instance it didn't work on that particular stain.
Midnight
Drogon
I agree with Elsworth that anyone in the EBA or EoX that is killed anywhere at anytime by the opposing alliance is NOT random killing, active feud or not… We are currently at war and this is a PVP game…. That being said, if unaffiliated players that are NOT known combatants are randomly killed than this should be called out and discouraged…..

The problem with this is unaffiliated characters restocking your enemies.

Will you allow your enemies to do blockade running with their unaffiliated alts?
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
BlackMoria
Rynnik
BlackMoria
Dreaden

It was not a deterrence, it was a inconvenience. A small distinction, but a distinction nonetheless.
How exactly can you proclaim that?

How many times has Dreaden avoided repeating that activity due to the experience he related to you?

Even HE can't tell you as subconsciously he could be shifting the choices he makes in playing the game just to avoid the conscious choice occurring.

Calling it a deterrence is 100% fair.

The proclaim as you put it is based on one data point - his statement. Now you are introducing other data points and chiding me for not knowing them. I am not the Amazing Kreskin.

And if you are implying something else about me making a statement on one data point, you do it all the time. Pot, meet Kettle…
Rynnik
BlackMoria
Pot, meet Kettle…
Hi. I'm black.

Now that we got that out of the way thank-you for admitting your post was useless and deliberately misleading.
BlackMoria
Rynnik
BlackMoria
Pot, meet Kettle…
Hi. I'm black.

Now that we got that out of the way thank-you for admitting your post was useless and deliberately misleading.

You are quite prickly. Having a bad day? One shouldn't rage and text, you know. I assure you, it wasn't me who pissed into your cornflakes this morning or any other morning.

As for useless and deliberately misleading posts, you trump me on that by post count and I proclaim you the winner. Now we both can go about our day.smile
Rynnik
BlackMoria
Rynnik
BlackMoria
Pot, meet Kettle…
Hi. I'm black.

You are quite prickly. Having a bad day? One shouldn't rage and text, you know. I assure you, it wasn't me who pissed into your cornflakes this morning or any other morning.

As for useless and deliberately misleading posts, you trump me on that by post count and I proclaim you the winner. Now we both can go about our day.smile
Cheers! smile
Caldeathe Baequiannia
BlackMoria
Rynnik
BlackMoria
Pot, meet Kettle…
Hi. I'm black.

Try not to take it personally. It's always your fault if he doesn't like or understand what you have to say.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post