Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Rynnik
Saiph the Fallen
I said, if a murder-hobo guild came to Pathfinder Online. Currently there is not one. If there was they could murder-hobo without recourse.
Do you wear a helmet too in case aliens read your brain waves or a meteor crashes on you?

Anyways, anytime you want to talk about Pathfinder Online, the MMO we are currently both playing, let me know.

Rep does not need to be made worse. The proof is in the pudding.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Drogon
Midnight
Drogon
I agree with Elsworth that anyone in the EBA or EoX that is killed anywhere at anytime by the opposing alliance is NOT random killing, active feud or not… We are currently at war and this is a PVP game…. That being said, if unaffiliated players that are NOT known combatants are randomly killed than this should be called out and discouraged…..

The problem with this is unaffiliated characters restocking your enemies.

Will you allow your enemies to do blockade running with their unaffiliated alts?

obviously there are certain situations where you suspect an unaffiliated character might be transporting/working/scouting for the enemy… I guess you just have to make your best judgment call at that time, but the response doesn't always have to be kill first ask questions later? I am not implying that you would do exactly that but this is something that could happen on any given day especially if you highly suspect them to be helping your enemy….

once again, I am fine with everyone playing their game their way but I think we can agree that we don't want to grief new players that are not part of our conflict….
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Brighthaven Leader
I have to agree with Saiph here.

Slowly, but surely, this game is turning into the game they said it wouldn't be. We haven't seen the finished product, so I hold out hope that all these interlocking systems are going to work. Personally, I just don't see Reputation as a deterrent, I don't see the teeth, but as Lee said in the chat, nothing they can do about Reputation until they fix target the friendly fire tanking rep situations.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Since you guys agreed to not call EoX killings of EBA random murder and for the lulz I will give you that reputation is not a huge deterrent. Especially as you go up in levels it's not that big a deal. When people get to Tier 3 it will be even less. This is a bad situation, it puts the most powerful characters in a situation where they have the least need for reputation. It was supposed to be connected to settlement DI so settlements would be affected by having low rep members. I expect this in the future when war mechanics go in.

BUT now that feuds are implemented all of our rep is slowly climbing. My rep is positive for the first time since February or so. It's only going to get higher. With the correct war and feud mechanics coming I think all of EoX would be around perfect 7500. Reputation will not protect you as long as we can declare war.

Every time your leaders come on these boards and lie about things to make us look bad, and try and paint us as immature teenagers it just fuels our urge to make war. Consider these things when you decide to make post dedicated to our awesomeness like this.
Quijenoth
Cheatle for TEO

Slowly, but surely, this game is turning into the game they said it wouldn't be. We haven't seen the finished product, so I hold out hope that all these interlocking systems are going to work. Personally, I just don't see Reputation as a deterrent, I don't see the teeth, but as Lee said in the chat, nothing they can do about Reputation until they fix target the friendly fire tanking rep situations.

I disagree.

IMHO people are trying to hold onto a system which isnt even in place yet. Alignment. the foreverwar is based on the Landrush fiasco but its fire is fueled by the currently missing alignment system. Once that is in place the reputation system will come into play.

Settlement specific warfare will be more prominent instead of the alliance warfare we have now. As a scenario, it should be possible for good to attack evil but not for good to attack neutral repeatedly without forcing an alignment change.

My belief is that rep will be stage 1 of the system. with repeated low rep actions resulting in alignment shifts. Settlements adhering to good alignments will have to make sure their members behave or rish corruption and unrest (as detailed in an old blog post). likewise lawful alignments will have to abide by laws or risk shifting to Chaotic. How the system handles Evil and Chaotic (specifically CE settlements) I'm not 100% sure on.
Brighthaven Leader
I see your point, and agree somewhat Quijenoth.

When it comes to alignment there are a lot of people out there that like to say it doesn't matter, or its not in yet so don't worry about it, I feel like these comments will end up being a disservice to those looking for a home. I agree with your assessment of settlements adhering to certain alignments, and the behavior of their membership, I just wish we had some more solid information.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Saiph the Fallen
Golgotha has been doing a good job by not becoming murder-hobos and ravaging the lands; I never accused you all of doing either of those things.

However, my point is, if a large murder-hobo guild did come to Pathfinder Online, they could ravage the land and grief with little to no recourse.

Lol, any of the "large murder-hobo" guilds have passed PFO up, as being crap they won't waste their money on. Most have their feelers out in Albion Online, and many have declared their full fledged support for Crowfall.

The reputation system was destined to fail, as it has in every other MMO where it has been tried. Here in PFO what it did was limit PvP in the early stages of a characters development, and so few if any did it. Later, as characters' training needs exceeded the time it took to train, the reputation system lost its teeth to inhibit veteran players from spree killing if they wished to, but that hasn't happened either. There is currently no reward for PvP, even if you manage to find a lone gatherer and loot what he had, you would get far more from killing a dozen or so white mobs.

If GW makes the Reputation System have more teeth, it will drive out even more pvpers (sending them to the competition) and you will end up with less than 400 players in this game or fewer.

The days of "what if the large guild shows up" have sadly left the station for PFO. That is unless drastic changes are made and OE starts with a F2P model. Then maybe you will see a few thousand playing, but I suspect never above 10k.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Bringslite
Quijenoth
Cheatle for TEO

I disagree.

IMHO people are trying to hold onto a system which isnt even in place yet. Alignment. the foreverwar is based on the Landrush fiasco but its fire is fueled by the currently missing alignment system. Once that is in place the reputation system will come into play.

An interesting point. Is any weight/thought (by either side) put into a past "coming out" of Zen Pagan? He did declare that he had actually been a spy for an EVE corp. He did say that one of his goals was to sow hate between TEO and Pax. He did one hell of a job, and frankly, he is still one of my favorite people that I met since I joined the PfO community.

It wasn't as though either side weren't ready to jump onto the train the he fueled, of course, but it might bear some consideration.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Doc
There is enough douchebaggery on both sides to not need a false flag op to sew discord.
Just Dak
Bringslite
An interesting point. Is any weight/thought (by either side) put into a past "coming out" of Zen Pagan? He did declare that he had actually been a spy for an EVE corp. He did say that one of his goals was to sow hate between TEO and Pax. He did one hell of a job, and frankly, he is still one of my favorite people that I met since I joined the PfO community.

I like Pagan, even though he was a spy in TEO and Pax. That said Pagan didn't create or inflate animosities between us and EBA. It started well before the landrush fiasco before he even joined us at least, during the Treaty of Rovugug and mostly centered between Aeternum V Andius/TEO. The animosity just never died down when Andius went from national treasure to toxic misanthrope.

TLDR; We didn't need someone to create beef. It was inevitable for years.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post