Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Tigari
While Zen Pagen didn't Help, I don't think he hurt the situation much really.The hostilities aren't really TEO vs Golgotha(his goal), but Phaeros vs Golgotha. Most of the baseline hostility comes from Phaeros calling Golgotha cheaters for the land rush. Then as we started going at it, the feelings increased.
Bringslite
"Ok" <Bringslite sighs as he scratches another line from his Talking Points: Highly Improbable list. The last part of all the lists he has>
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Ryan Dancey
I think the reputation system is exactly why we don't have a server that degenerated into a murder simulator.

Maybe you guys don't really see it but the amount of meaningless PvP in this game is minute. Almost every game I've watched over the years has degenerated almost instantly into meaningless PvP. Yet we have not.
Doc
I think the reputation system is exactly why we don't have a server that degenerated into a murder simulator.

Maybe you guys don't really see it but the amount of meaningless PvP in this game is minute. Almost every game I've watched over the years has degenerated almost instantly into meaningless PvP. Yet we have not.

weeeeeeeeeee
Somebody page Saiph. lol

Thank you for chiming in Ryan. Always nice to get some perspective from the view up in the "good seats".
Tink says Stab
But I keep being told that the reputation system is completely toothless!

I don't know who to believe!
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Charlie George
during the Treaty of Rovugug and mostly centered between Aeternum V Andius/TEO. The animosity just never died down when Andius went from national treasure to toxic misanthrope.

TLDR; We didn't need someone to create beef. It was inevitable for years.

Actually, the Traaty of Rovagug mostly centered on a conflict between Bluddwolf / UNC and Andius / TEO, and that animosity did not decline until Andius gained more animosity for TEO than he had for me or UNC.

Than there was the TSV community call for the "Soul of the Community" and once again, UNC took the lead in fighting that battle.

Than there was the Land Rush call for Golgotha losing their bid for a settlement, claiming they were a proxy for Pax. Again, UNC spoke up on mostly Hobs' behalf since he had more mud slung at him than any.

There are more players in this conflict than just whom is in it currently, especially if you are going to delve back into history.

To be honest, I wish some of those individuals, on both sides, were still in the game.

Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Brighthaven Leader
Ryan,

Have you ever thought that maybe the only reason we don't have random killings is the fact that the aggressive evil group is trying to focus on feuds and war dec? Although they have in the past killed a lot of people, and for the most part not as much now, but only recently did the average of negative reputation go up between EoX and EBA, because we have tools.

This reputation system isn't going stop or deter a group that really wants to be murder hobos against anyone, without focus.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Stilachio Thrax
Tink says Stab

It isn't toothless, but it could have a bit more bite right now. As settlements get more control over who is allowed in to train and do other stuff within the settlement, I think we'd be fine where we are.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Tink says Stab

I'm not aware of anyone who thinks it's toothless. A lot of people think it should have more teeth, a lot of people think it should have less teeth. As long as both sides are convinced it's too far the other way, we have an indicator that there is balance. As soon as someone on either side tries to make a point in support of their position, it would be foolish of the other side to do anything but press the opposing view strongly.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Stilachio Thrax
Tink says Stab

It isn't toothless, but it could have a bit more bite right now. As settlements get more control over who is allowed in to train and do other stuff within the settlement, I think we'd be fine where we are.

Why is that needed, if undesired PvP is already not taking place with any significant frequency?
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post