Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Edam
To be honest the situation will resolve itself once:

a) the server population increases
b) the substantial number of early kickstarters who were expecting a different sort (or no) PvP eventually move on to be replaced by new PvP focused players (the alternative is to have EVE style highsec zones for those players but the devs are opposed to that)
Drogon
Rynnik
Drogon
It seemed in his chat last night that Lee felt their wasn't enough reputation loss at the moment and something needed to be done to fix that.
I think you really need to go listen to Lee again because you definitely didn't hear Lee say what I heard then.

Lee said there was no sense of danger being out in the world for him and that wasn't the intent.
Lol, ya because he is part of the bloodstone swords and no one attacks him/them… Let him join Phaeros or Golgotha and see if he doesn't feel that sense of danger after 1 month…. I heard that part… I also heard he felt that the current average rep levels were too high in his opinion….
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Rynnik
Drogon
Rynnik
Drogon
It seemed in his chat last night that Lee felt their wasn't enough reputation loss at the moment and something needed to be done to fix that.
I think you really need to go listen to Lee again because you definitely didn't hear Lee say what I heard then.

Lee said there was no sense of danger being out in the world for him and that wasn't the intent.
Lol, ya because he is part of the bloodstone swords and no one attacks him/them… Let him join Phaeros or Golgotha and see if he doesn't feel that sense of danger after 1 month…. I heard that part… I also heard he felt that the current average rep levels were too high in his opinion….
Uh. My gather alt has never been jumped by anyone.

Anyways, personally what Lee said was in no way contradictory in my mind to what Dancey just posted. I think you misheard or at least are interpreting very differently then I did.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Drogon
Rynnik
Drogon
Rynnik
Drogon

Anyways, personally what Lee said was in no way contradictory in my mind to what Dancey just posted. I think you misheard or at least are interpreting very differently then I did.

I think it would be fair to say that in general EoX enters EBA territory more so than EBA enters EOX mountains? So maybe if he was part of Pharoes would be a better choice to feel the danger lurking around any given tree.

You could be right about my interpretation, I will go back and listen to that part again. Do you have a time stamp on it by chance?
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Rynnik
Drogon
Rynnik
Drogon
Rynnik
Drogon

I think it would be fair to say that in general EoX enters EBA territory more so than EBA enters EOX mountains? So maybe if he was part of Pharoes would be a better choice to feel the danger lurking around any given tree.

You could be right about my interpretation, I will go back and listen to that part again. Do you have a time stamp on it by chance?
Don't sorry, mate.

Again though the whole poking the bear thing applies - Phaeros gatherer danger is more attributable to Phaeros actions then rep system or anything else as Dancey so eloquently puts it. Ain't murder or gather ganking in that case - it is part of war.
Drogon
Rynnik
Drogon
Rynnik
Drogon
Rynnik
Drogon

Don't sorry, mate.

Again though the whole poking the bear thing applies - Phaeros gatherer danger is more attributable to Phaeros actions then rep system or anything else as Dancey so eloquently puts it. Ain't murder or gather ganking in that case - it is part of war.

Fair enough… Still doesn't solve my main problem with the whole system. If it is war , we need something in the mechanics that allows us to actually win the war or be forced to make peace…not just a forever-war with nothing truly meaningful…
Rynnik
Drogon
Rynnik
Drogon
Rynnik
Drogon
Rynnik
Drogon

Don't sorry, mate.

Fair enough… Still doesn't solve my main problem with the whole system. If it is war , we need something in the mechanics that allows us to actually win the war or be forced to make peace…not just a forever-war with nothing truly meaningful…
Don't disagree.

I also think a rep re-discussion once factions and wars are both in will be interesting.

I hope we won't both be burned to the ground before that happens.
ZomoZ
Rynnik
Drogon

On monday, running back to kb with over 20 Event towers worth of loot, I went afk for 30 min in the wilderness, told a half dozen people in vent who could be spies I was carrying fat loot. Then I proceeded to auto run a hex or two while leaving to make a sandwitch. The only real threat is afk running into a tree while T2 mobs wail at you. Thanks to sheild hexes, thats no longer an issues in a good chunk of your travels!

There is no sense of threat in the wild.
The only chance to die to pvp is 1) being in the foreverwar which of course is the other sides fault. or 2) Being in the wrong place at the wrong time when some random person either thinks they are justified for killing you in their town, in the wild, or wherever because they are bored out of their mind, or because some guy says you are mean and evil and that was my hex you were in.
Gog
Drogon
ultimately there are no mechanics in the game that allow us to win by forcing our opponent to sue for peace or degrade their abilities to attack us if we just want to be left alone to PVE, craft and gather.

If you truly do just want to be left alone to PVE, craft and gather, there's nothing stopping you from suing for peace. Is it more important that you "win" or that you be left alone?
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Drogon
Guurzak
Drogon
ultimately there are no mechanics in the game that allow us to win by forcing our opponent to sue for peace or degrade their abilities to attack us if we just want to be left alone to PVE, craft and gather.

If you truly do just want to be left alone to PVE, craft and gather, there's nothing stopping you from suing for peace. Is it more important that you "win" or that you be left alone?

Ok, I sue for peace smile, I guess that didn't work? but seriously, its our leaders that need to work the diplomacy angles but I am not sure some actually want to do so…. in the meantime, if we must continue to wage war then change the mechanics so their can be at least a temporary winner?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post