Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
I just wanted to pont out that I did not intend the mentioning of Cheatle to reflect my belief that he is an essential cause of this conflict.

Cheatle is in my opinion someone who can be dealt with and thinks in terms of "this is just a game".
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Doc
That is an interesting, yet odd, solution. What would a third party have to gain?

- Fun?

What really matters is what everyone gains:
- A game that doesn't irrevocably become Red vs Blue forever.

Either way, this game needs more power blocs to content with. And perhaps some kind of soft cap on settlements in an alliance to keep Red vs Blue to always become an inevitability.

Fun? But, has either side depicted the war as being fun? As I posted earlier, has either side depicted the ongoing conflict as a positive event for the health of the game?
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Nihimon
I take a lot of responsibility for the enmity between Golgotha and Phaeros, and will work to keep that out of the forums and more amiable in game.

Impressive!

Nihimon
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Nihimon
I take a lot of responsibility for the enmity between Golgotha and Phaeros, and will work to keep that out of the forums and more amiable in game.

Impressive!

I have a lot of experience at admitting I'm wrong, so I've gotten fairly adept at it…
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
BlackMoria
Several references have been made by Golgotha that peace is possible but little conversation about that has happened.

So, if it is even possible, what does peace look like? I am skeptical because I don't think it can be agreed on what it means, just like there appears to be no agreement on what constitutes meaningless pvp. But it doesn't mean that I think a discussion towards a peace accord is pointless.

So throwing it out to the EoX colleagues out there - What does a peace between EoX and EBA look like? What happens day to day during that peace?

Answer that and maybe there is something there to work with. Peace may be possible but neither side is asking the questions to achieve that end.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Nihimon
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Nihimon

Impressive!

I have a lot of experience at admitting I'm wrong, so I've gotten fairly adept at it…

I have learned that leading sometimes means giving up what I want to do and adopting what is better for the whole.

Drogon
Nihimon

+1 Kudos
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Rynnik
BlackMoria
Several references have been made by Golgotha that peace is possible but little conversation about that has happened.

So, if it is even possible, what does peace look like? I am skeptical because I don't think it can be agreed on what it means, just like there appears to be no agreement on what constitutes meaningless pvp. But it doesn't mean that I think a discussion towards a peace accord is pointless.

So throwing it out to the EoX colleagues out there - What does a peace between EoX and EBA look like? What happens day to day during that peace?

Answer that and maybe there is something there to work with. Peace may be possible but neither side is asking the questions to achieve that end.
I'm REALLY hoping it involves Nihimon and Decius starring in a 'We surrender to you mighty Phyllain' youtube video using a script I have prepared for just such an occasion. smilesmilesmile
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Drogon
Guurzak
Drogon
its our leaders that need to work the diplomacy angles but I am not sure some actually want to do so

There are some interesting conclusions that can be reached if you explore that line of thinking more fully. Some of those conclusions are not compatible with the position that "we just want to be left alone to PVE, craft and gather."

there just needs to be a balance, so maybe add the word "sometimes" to the beginning of that quote. I like PvP at times, I would like it even more if they fixed some of the mechanics…
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Drogon
Doc
What we need is a third-party group that can or wants to engage in a PvP war with Golgotha or EBA.

With at least a 3 way potential for war, then one of those 3 has the potential to bow out of conflict for a bit and take a break.

The problem is, I don't think we currently have the population capacity for that. Perhaps if the North and West consolidate into one group - but I wouldn't expect them to do that nor would I try to encourage them to do so.

Hypothetically speaking, What if a new 3rd party mega guild came into the game and EBA and EOX actually had to team up to fight this chaotic evil force? Wouldn't it behoove everyone that there was actual mechanics to beat back that entity? Wouldn't everyone agree that we would want all the current players that are here now to still be here fighting by our sides if/when that day comes? It might not be too far fetched of a scenario so I think it serves all of us well to find a balance in what is going on now with the social and mechanical aspects of this game so players don't leave for the various reasons being stated.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post