Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Rynnik
Drogon
Doc
What we need is a third-party group that can or wants to engage in a PvP war with Golgotha or EBA.

With at least a 3 way potential for war, then one of those 3 has the potential to bow out of conflict for a bit and take a break.

The problem is, I don't think we currently have the population capacity for that. Perhaps if the North and West consolidate into one group - but I wouldn't expect them to do that nor would I try to encourage them to do so.

Hypothetically speaking, What if a new 3rd party mega guild came into the game and EBA and EOX actually had to team up to fight this chaotic evil force? Wouldn't it behoove everyone that there was actual mechanics to beat back that entity? Wouldn't everyone agree that we would want all the current players that are here now to still be here fighting by our sides if/when that day comes? It might not be too far fetched of a scenario so I think it serves all of us well to find a balance in what is going on now with the social and mechanical aspects of this game so players don't leave for the various reasons being stated.
Is this an honest question? I think it is actually a VERY far fetched scenario personally.

I think politically the only honest answer is that both EBA and EoX would be courting this new group instantly to bring them into the game on their side. Have you READ what Decius says about us on a regular basis? I can't imagine someone new being anywhere near as distasteful an opponent as our current selection. (Was going to say Nihimon as well but despite my better judgement I find myself giving Nihimon the benefit of the doubt yet AGAIN and sort of hating myself because of it)
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Drogon
Hypothetically speaking, What if a new 3rd party mega guild came into the game and EBA and EOX actually had to team up to fight this chaotic evil force? Wouldn't it behoove everyone that there was actual mechanics to beat back that entity? Wouldn't everyone agree that we would want all the current players that are here now to still be here fighting by our sides if/when that day comes? It might not be too far fetched of a scenario so I think it serves all of us well to find a balance in what is going on now with the social and mechanical aspects of this game so players don't leave for the various reasons being stated.

I used to believe that a mega guild may come to PFO, but sadly that will not happen. Goblin Works did not court that community on the MMO side, soon enough, and now it has competition with both Albion and soon Crowfall.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Dreaden
No competitive mega guild will come to PFO due to the massive exp and resource advantage we will have over them. Goblin works best bet to attract large groups of players is to advertise heavily and ensure an even playing field by wiping everything for OE.
Doc
No competitive mega guild will come to PFO due to the massive exp and resource advantage we will have over them. Goblin works best bet to attract large groups of players is to advertise heavily and ensure an even playing field by wiping everything for OE.

And yet, I personally believe many (most?) of the veterans and leaders in this game covet and jumped at the proposal of no-wipes from EE to OE so that they could have their massive experience advantage over the OE newcomers. There are a lot of casual players here. If you think about it, this environment and that no-wipes proposal gives these casual players a chance to lord over the masses of competitive players that they normally might have little chance of matching against in other competitive PvP games.

Just my perspective and opinion, but I don't think I'm far off from the reality.
Saiph the Fallen
Doc

And yet, I personally believe many (most?) of the veterans and leaders in this game covet and jumped at the proposal of no-wipes from EE to OE so that they could have their massive experience advantage over the OE newcomers. There are a lot of casual players here. If you think about it, this environment and that no-wipes proposal gives these casual players a chance to lord over the masses of competitive players that they normally might have little chance of matching against in other competitive PvP games.

Just my perspective and opinion, but I don't think I'm far off from the reality.

I'm all about a wipe @ OE. I'm definitely in the minority though.
Rynnik
Saiph the Fallen
Doc

I'm all about a wipe @ OE. I'm definitely in the minority though.
I don't play MMOs without permanence personally. A wipe and I would be gone. If I had known there would be a wipe at OE I would have waited until then to start - I don't know if I could walk now and still have any desire to come back at OE.
Brighthaven Leader
@Rynnik,

While I do take responsibility for some of the things that have happened, I have never been asked to step down, probably because I refrain from being an asshole. I however do not take responsibility for the terrible priorities of GW in making the social aspects of this game, nor do I take responsibility for people leaving because of them, or their own views on a game that may or may have not been marketed correctly.

@Bluddwolf,

I did try to tell them early on of about 10-15 meta communities, with around 20-30k actives, not sure if that ever went anywhere. Free trial accounts with extra time on them can bring in hardcore people, which will draw others.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Rynnik
Cheatle for TEO
@Rynnik,

While I do take responsibility for some of the things that have happened, I have never been asked to step down, probably because I refrain from being an asshole. I however do not take responsibility for the terrible priorities of GW in making the social aspects of this game, nor do I take responsibility for people leaving because of them, or their own views on a game that may or may have not been marketed correctly.
Uh, asking you to step down would be really weird given MY understanding of the various leaders available for EBA members to rally behind. I mean you made a poor early impression on me with your ego chats as a new PFU member but that isn't atypical or particularly indicative of any sort of leadership failings.

You don't seem to be prioritizing mitigations for your people though which is the part that seems odd. That might just be the outside view looking in and missing a ton of the picture, but if you are right about how many people you seem to be indicating go from you guys to not playing the game some of that is on you. Maybe upfront in that you recruited from a base more likely to not like PFO, or in as a follow up consequence to how you have been managing those folks in game.

GW has a tough day with priorities. Any organization does when they they have that many urgent ones. smile I think they are actually doing an awesome job balancing them as best they can actually.

Communication is a massive community failure overall in this game imo. EVE has amazing chat, in-game voice, all kinds of tools and yet that game is run on out of client options. There is a really good reason for that with the availability and accessibility of various out of game communication means. If I was GW I would have hoped that stuff would have been embraced a bit more as well to take one additional small thing off their plate to get on with other things. People are stupid though so I guess they just have to get that stuff in game so we can use those client side tools to tell people to log into teamspeak or whatever.
Dreaden
Doc

How does that look to new groups of players coming in? Especially after they do a 15 day trials, get smashed by dudes in t2+3(will be t3 By OE) and get told there will be no wipe. New players can be useful in PvP but only if they're mixed in with high exp players and really then they are only applying conditions. By the time of OE, a new group of players won't be effective for a year or so in settlement warfare.
Rynnik
Dreaden
Doc

How does that look to new groups of players coming in? Especially after they do a 15 day trials, get smashed by dudes in t2+3(will be t3 By OE) and get told there will be no wipe. New players can be useful in PvP but only if they're mixed in with high exp players and really then they are only applying conditions. By the time of OE, a new group of players won't be effective for a year or so in settlement warfare.
EVE online.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post