Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
@Bringslite,

Aragon has been approached by both parties of the Forever War and in both cases we felt we would just get the full brunt of retaliation, so we stayed out of it. As you accurately pointed out, smaller settlements want nothing to do with getting involved. As I asked earlier, what would be a 3rd party's gain?
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
To both sides of the Forever War, you should adopt my idea of capitalizing your war as a positive event on the MMORPG forums to counter act the most resent thread posted there. As participants in the war you can talk it up more so than I can as an outsider.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Rynnik
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
To both sides of the Forever War, you should adopt my idea of capitalizing your war as a positive event on the MMORPG forums to counter act the most resent thread posted there. As participants in the war you can talk it up more so than I can as an outsider.
MMORPG.com forums are a complete write off. They make people in this community seem like conversational saints. Wouldn't waste my time.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Brighthaven Leader
To be fair, @Aragon, we didn't ask you to get involved politically, we asked if you guys thought about Mercing, a profession that both EoX and EBA respect.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Bringslite
Rynnik
Bringlite despite all the mechanics in THAT game there is a reason the Dotlan curve is the only real way measure winning in EVE online SovWar.

Bringslite
B. The other side first attempted to engage in meaningful war. Retaliating by taking Towers (assets). That proved not very useful as a deterrent. That is also partly an expected way to deal with issues.
Lets no be too altruistic here please. Engaging in 'meaningful' asset war was motivated to some degree by being the most winnable type of engagement for the biggest less skilled force. Nothing wrong with that but it isn't truthful to pin it all on the side of some 'positive gameplay' bullcrap or I am pretty sure positive gameplay would have weighed in a lot higher in other places. Winnable mattered.

Lol, you completely got the wrong impression. Have it your way Forum Warrior. Not everyone is out to get the EoX, though with the way that you act in this forum, I am surprised.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
BlackMoria
<sigh> I think I am banging my head against the egos in the room.

I sensed (probably wrongly) we may have been on the cusp on a possible discussion of peace, so I asked the question a page or so up - What does peace look like, what does it mean to EoX and EBA?

Because one has to know what it one strives for, or else it is just a word. No one seriously struck at that lure.

So, let me try this. People are talked about a 'win' state. So, then, I beg the question - What does 'winning' look like?

Given the here and now, is 'winning' even possible? There is no mechanics or tech to set a 'win' state that means god know what in the game. So, a 'win' is not possible right now. Hammering out a peace deal or some understanding that both side can live with is something can happen now.

So what does a 'win' mean? What does it look like for EoX and EBA? If it not something that can be achieved or you don't know what that condition called 'We win' is, how do you know when a side achieves it? Else, this 'forever war' is just for the shits and grins for personalities on either side. That is NOT a good reason for all this drama in game or in the forums.
Rynnik
Bringslite
Rynnik
Bringlite despite all the mechanics in THAT game there is a reason the Dotlan curve is the only real way measure winning in EVE online SovWar.

Bringslite
B. The other side first attempted to engage in meaningful war. Retaliating by taking Towers (assets). That proved not very useful as a deterrent. That is also partly an expected way to deal with issues.
Lets no be too altruistic here please. Engaging in 'meaningful' asset war was motivated to some degree by being the most winnable type of engagement for the biggest less skilled force. Nothing wrong with that but it isn't truthful to pin it all on the side of some 'positive gameplay' bullcrap or I am pretty sure positive gameplay would have weighed in a lot higher in other places. Winnable mattered.

Lol, you completely got the wrong impression. Have it your way Forum Warrior. Not everyone is out to get the EoX, though with the way that you act in this forum, I am surprised.
smile

Just the ones who think we cheated before the game was a game.

So sorry I don't live up to your forum expectations. lmao

@Black
Unless you aren't paying attention the only way things are going to change is through leaders sitting down. Not forum hurf blurf.
Dreaden
BlackMoria
<sigh> I think I am banging my head against the egos in the room.

I sensed (probably wrongly) we may have been on the cusp on a possible discussion of peace, so I asked the question a page or so up - What does peace look like, what does it mean to EoX and EBA?

Because one has to know what it one strives for, or else it is just a word. No one seriously struck at that lure.

So, let me try this. People are talked about a 'win' state. So, then, I beg the question - What does 'winning' look like?

Given the here and now, is 'winning' even possible? There is no mechanics or tech to set a 'win' state that means god know what in the game. So, a 'win' is not possible right now. Hammering out a peace deal or some understanding that both side can live with is something can happen now.

So what does a 'win' mean? What does it look like for EoX and EBA? If it not something that can be achieved or you don't know what that condition called 'We win' is, how do you know when a side achieves it? Else, this 'forever war' is just for the shits and grins for personalities on either side. That is NOT a good reason for all this drama in game or in the forums.
Don't think Phyllian has made any hints, so any notion you have gotten has been from EBA leadership and random EoX members speculating. Tbh, why would we want peace? Personally, without the conflict I would have no reason to play this game. The rest of this game is serious boring.
Bringslite
Rynnik
Bringslite
Rynnik

Bringslite

smile

If you look back at that thread, you might see that I wasn't exactly one of the people that thought Pax was cheating. I still don't. I have tried to discuss it with at least one of those that did. It didn't get anywhere. <shrug>

I will throw out that accusing someone of cheating, explaining why, and showing evidence should be enough for GW to act. The fact that they did not act there or anywhere else that cheating has been suggested or reported is an indication that there isn't cheating, at least in those cases. If cheating is being proven, confirmed and ignored then we are all paying subscriptions to the wrong MMO for our entertainment.

It is weak sauce to hang onto and keep alive a negative message (like accusations that someone is cheating) when GW is the final Shot Caller on that and they don't act. What happens in the back and forth messages between GW, any accused, and any accuser is not my province.

I REALLY DON"T THINK THAT GW IS LETTING ANYONE CHEAT OR GET AWAY WITH CHEATING.

Should I discover or even feel that they do turn a blind eye without one hell of a reason, that will be the day that I write my farewell letter.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Rynnik
Bringslite
Rynnik
Bringslite
Rynnik

Bringslite

smile

If you look back at that thread, you might see that I wasn't exactly one of the people that thought Pax was cheating. I still don't. I have tried to discuss it with at least one of those that did. It didn't get anywhere. <shrug>

I will throw out that accusing someone of cheating, explaining why, and showing evidence should be enough for GW to act. The fact that they did not act there or anywhere else that cheating has been suggested or reported is an indication that there isn't cheating, at least in those cases. If cheating is being proven, confirmed and ignored then we are all paying subscriptions to the wrong MMO for our entertainment.

It is weak sauce to hang onto and keep alive a negative message (like accusations that someone is cheating) when GW is the final Shot Caller on that and they don't act. What happens in the back and forth messages between GW, any accused, and any accuser is not my province.

I REALLY DON"T THINK THAT GW IS LETTING ANYONE CHEAT OR GET AWAY WITH CHEATING.

Should I discover or even feel that they do turn a blind eye without one hell of a reason, that will be the day that I write my farewell letter.
You honestly read that and thought I was saying you had called us cheaters? huh?

That would be retarded. I wasn't talking about you at all. I was talking about the other party in our conflict and where your impression of their motivations was off base.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post