Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

coach
Harad Navar
My wife asked me a very important question last night:
"Why are you wasting so much emotional energy on people acting like malcontent teenagers?"
And of course, she was right.

I have great respect for the mad skills of several Golgothans. They have trained hard and focused specifically to be the best they can be at what they do. They have been able to kill my characters easily and often. Frankly, it's not that hard.

But at best Golgotha is just another escalation with a better AI but with really pitiful loot drops. And like all escalations they will eventually become predictable, boring, and inconsequential in the overall scheme of things in PFO.

At worst, they are just people who feel justified to dominate or coerce others by intimidation and acts of violence in order to produce widespread fear for their own aggrandizement.

I am done wasting emotional energy on Golgotha. So go ahead, repeatedly kill my characters anytime you find them. Those actions are irreverent to my enjoyment of this game. Unfortunately, so is Golgotha.

Harad Navar of the 36th Order

really?

so you got so emotionally invested in a video game that your wife noticed?

methinks you have more problems than Golgotha
coach - Dreamless Company

PM coach on Paizo Forum
Bringslite
If you don't find yourself emotionally invested about some aspect of the game, you aren't having enough fun or enough annoying setbacks.

I don't mean the "flip the table" level, just annoyed enough to curse (occasionally) when you don't quite escape the nasties chasing you or cheering yourself or with the group when you find "that" recipe, spell, maneuver, etc…
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
The Eternal Balance
coach
Harad Navar
My wife asked me a very important question last night:
"Why are you wasting so much emotional energy on people acting like malcontent teenagers?"
And of course, she was right.

I have great respect for the mad skills of several Golgothans. They have trained hard and focused specifically to be the best they can be at what they do. They have been able to kill my characters easily and often. Frankly, it's not that hard.

But at best Golgotha is just another escalation with a better AI but with really pitiful loot drops. And like all escalations they will eventually become predictable, boring, and inconsequential in the overall scheme of things in PFO.

At worst, they are just people who feel justified to dominate or coerce others by intimidation and acts of violence in order to produce widespread fear for their own aggrandizement.

I am done wasting emotional energy on Golgotha. So go ahead, repeatedly kill my characters anytime you find them. Those actions are irreverent to my enjoyment of this game. Unfortunately, so is Golgotha.

Harad Navar of the 36th Order

really?

so you got so emotionally invested in a video game that your wife noticed?

methinks you have more problems than Golgotha
Don't hate. Embrace your own guilt.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Midnight
I would LOVE to embrace my guilt. Unfortunately, neither I nor anyone in EoX I have spoken to knows who the O.P. character is.

But I would consider it an honor if someone I killed in my coal field in January or February still had flowing tears in July.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
The Eternal Balance
Midnight
I would LOVE to embrace my guilt. Unfortunately, neither I nor anyone in EoX I have spoken to knows who the O.P. character is.

But I would consider it an honor if someone I killed in my coal field in January or February still had flowing tears in July.

Don't deflect to the past. Embrace your group's guilt.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Telemvar
I've been in this game for almost half a year and I have yet to be killed by anyone from EoX. If someone takes this as a challenge, so be it, but I'd rather it illustrate that it is possible to do all aspects of the game without dying a horrible death…
Tigari
Harad is someone who has been around. He used to be a little more vocal on the forums when we used Piazo.
EDIT: Removed wall of text..Meh
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Midnight
He produced about 20 episodes of Gobbocast, and created the Unnoficial PFO Atlas.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Drogon
I am part of the EBA. I wasn't around years ago when all the hate started between EoX and EBA so I can't really comment on that. I actually don't think "Golgothans" are as bad as everyone portrays them to be. They just like playing their game their way. That includes daily PVP. It certainly is possible that some of them do things that aren't acceptable by others but I am sure that can also be said about some of us from the EBA. I like the term frenemies as stated by Elsworth. I think the OP should change the title of this thread since it is in the open general public forum and to me is kind of insulting. I think that a few of the devs have totally different ideas about the direction of the game and I find that disturbing and frustrating. Hopefully they can get on the same page and that will allow us as a server to either get behind the way things are or we will be forced to make a meaningful choice if we want to continue playing the game or not. I really like the game and the concept and have invested myself financially and emotionally even if I pull wife aggro several times a week. However there has to be some more meaningful content that actually produces results and not just this foreverwar that is churning at the moment. Please make the changes needed so we can all continue to enjoy the game and not feel like we're just grinding for nothing…..
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Nihimon
A lot of folks came to PFO because of the relationship to PFRPG. A significant number of them don't have any MMO experience. They were reassured by promises that "meaningless PvP" would be curtailed, that a "funnel of suck" would cause random player killers to be gimped in their power level, and that folks who were into "PvP for the lulz" wouldn't be allowed to set the tone of the game. Those promises so far have been hollow.

Some of those players react predictably to finding out that there are other players who take joy in killing them. When they wear their heart on their sleeve and lay bare their vulnerability, they get met with this kind of mockery and ridicule.

I worry a lot that the low quantity of PvP across the map - entirely the result of the devs' refusal to make anything scarce enough to force conflict - means that the devs have completely ignored the quality of the PvP that has been occurring. PFO isn't "overwhelmed by PvP", but certain corners of it have been for a long time, and a significant number of players who didn't realize they were joining up to play a game that was "overwhelmed by PvP" have predictably left.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post