Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Rynnik
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
To both sides of the Forever War, you should adopt my idea of capitalizing your war as a positive event on the MMORPG forums to counter act the most resent thread posted there. As participants in the war you can talk it up more so than I can as an outsider.
MMORPG.com forums are a complete write off. They make people in this community seem like conversational saints. Wouldn't waste my time.

I don't think Ryan, Goblin Works, or us should be writing off any gaming forum as a potential source of more players.

As for forums making us look like conversational saints, you may not have seen Albion Online's forums yet. Even I was shocked by what was permissible there. Still not as much I would allow at UNC forums, but I'm not in business.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Rynnik
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Rynnik
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
To both sides of the Forever War, you should adopt my idea of capitalizing your war as a positive event on the MMORPG forums to counter act the most resent thread posted there. As participants in the war you can talk it up more so than I can as an outsider.
MMORPG.com forums are a complete write off. They make people in this community seem like conversational saints. Wouldn't waste my time.

I don't think Ryan, Goblin Works, or us should be writing off any gaming forum as a potential source of more players.

As for forums making us look like conversational saints, you may not have seen Albion Online's forums yet. Even I was shocked by what was permissible there. Still not as much I would allow at UNC forums, but I'm not in business.
I finished up with any cares I had about MMORPG.com trying to sell Darkfall and EVE there. bleh

Yes, Albion forums are almost Darkfall quality lol. I don't miss forumfail at all.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Tink says Stab
Forumfall best 'Fall.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Bringslite
Since this thread is about this thread and I have heard more than a few influential members (from both sides) say they aren't really in favor of one aspect, who is going to stop killing players in settlements where they should feel a bit safe in some conditions?

It isn't the intention that players in craft/bank windows should be vulnerable. It is the intention that they should have a reasonable sense of security in their settlements. At least until war mechanics are in. Paraphrased from Mr. Dancey's post.

Is it really too hard to not go there? It clearly does make some players quit the game and others resolve not to play until things are a bit better and again, it isn't the intention that the game is supposed to make that so easy.

The two largest groups might just have a little responsibility here. They are certainly the most "visible" in the game.

Who will be the most honorable and just STOP doing that? Who will ignore that it is not really great for the game and keep doing it? One will appear interested in outside and new player perceptions. The other, well… they won't seem to be. "They did it to me last" is seriously a weak excuse.

Who will do one small thing that might help with player retention?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Dreaden
Is it really that big of a problem? You make it sound like it's a murder spree in your cities.
Bringslite
A common mistake that I see often is that people assume everyone always posts with purely their own personal direct interests at heart.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
As a side note: I put in far more effort finding, recruiting, gearing, and explaining some of the game's mechanics to just ONE player than I have in advocating for these groups to stop doing what I am suggesting they stop doing.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
BlackMoria
I'm with Keeper's Pass in EBA.

I am not in the leadership of Keepers but know the leaders quite well, so I can with full confidence state that Keeper's Pass is behind the concept of some sanctity in settlements while the settlement warfare tech is being developed.

Keeper's Pass personnel will NOT enter enemy settlements to gank or harass players there until such time as the warfare rules are full detailed and we see what that details. We do however expect reciprocity in return.

Keepers will also be the first to proclaim Thornkeep and the immediate surround hexes as NEUTRAL GROUND, meaning we will not engage, fight, harrass or interfere with players who are enemy combatants. We will maintain the peace but reserve the right of self defense if attacked.

We further will recognize University Commons and its immediate surround hexes as NEUTRAL GROUND as well.
Bringslite
BlackMoria
I'm with Keeper's Pass in EBA.

I am not in the leadership of Keepers but know the leaders quite well, so I can with full confidence state that Keeper's Pass is behind the concept of some sanctity in settlements while the settlement warfare tech is being developed.

Keeper's Pass personnel will NOT enter enemy settlements to gank or harass players there until such time as the warfare rules are full detailed and we see what that details. We do however expect reciprocity in return.

Keepers will also be the first to proclaim Thornkeep and the immediate surround hexes as NEUTRAL GROUND, meaning we will not engage, fight, harrass or interfere with players who are enemy combatants. We will maintain the peace but reserve the right of self defense if attacked.

We further will recognize University Commons and its immediate surround hexes as NEUTRAL GROUND as well.

Thank You. Very well written.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
Bringslite
To be clear, I have no idea if EBA or any/all parts of it are even interested in peace. I am hoping that they might be interested in talking about conducting the war just a bit differently in some aspects. Also that EoX might as well.

No, I don't mean Arena War!
I'd love to fight the war in a way that encourages positive gameplay. For example, we could all decline to spam opposing settlements for the purpose of getting cheap kills on characters as they log in.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post