Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Doc
As Ryan Dancey has said, people will then most likely just hangout in their settlements completely avoiding any risk of PvP for the duration of the feud.

Might as well then just get rid of the Feud system.

You can discuss this stuff all day and come up with Meta-proclamations, but none of it will address the underlying issue, that is that what seems like half the server population doesn't like PvP nearly as much as the other half.
Rynnik
Bringslite
It isn't the intention that players in craft/bank windows should be vulnerable. It is the intention that they should have a reasonable sense of security in their settlements. At least until war mechanics are in. Paraphrased from Mr. Dancey's post.

Is it really too hard to not go there? It clearly does make some players quit the game and others resolve not to play until things are a bit better and again, it isn't the intention that the game is supposed to make that so easy.
It isn't the intent that settlements are a 'safe' zone and there is no way in game to tell if someone is interfacing with the AH or crafting UIs.

My suggestion would be that if they don't like being killed in their settlements EBA really should think about that whole surrender thing.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Tigari
BlackMoria
I'm with Keeper's Pass in EBA.

I am not in the leadership of Keepers but know the leaders quite well, so I can with full confidence state that Keeper's Pass is behind the concept of some sanctity in settlements while the settlement warfare tech is being developed.

Keeper's Pass personnel will NOT enter enemy settlements to gank or harass players there until such time as the warfare rules are full detailed and we see what that details. We do however expect reciprocity in return.

Keepers will also be the first to proclaim Thornkeep and the immediate surround hexes as NEUTRAL GROUND, meaning we will not engage, fight, harrass or interfere with players who are enemy combatants. We will maintain the peace but reserve the right of self defense if attacked.

We further will recognize University Commons and its immediate surround hexes as NEUTRAL GROUND as well.

See, the problem with this is, While Keepers may not, The EBA (or other members of) does. EoX learned a long time ago that it is almost impossible to treat the individual settlements of the EBA as separate. If one of the settlements do not agree to something, then the EBA itself cannot agree.

Long ago, Golgotha was asked to stop killing people in towns (as it was the quickest way to get the "Blog" up and moving.) IDK what the deal all detailed, I just know we were told to stop. So we did. Skip forward a few months, and Phaeros comes along, with their groups of PvP'ers, while looking for a fight, notices that not many people of EoX is on, so (assuming in order to get the "blob up and moving"smile, they come in and attack people in KB. The same thing we were asked to stop doing.

So, one of my favorite saying "Cry Havoc, and let loose the hounds of war!"
Bringslite
Thanks for responding, Decius.

I didn't include this in this latest plea and I don't know for sure if it was your intent, but it might be easier to get to a state suggested in the first sentence of your post if no more fingers are pointed.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Doc
As Ryan Dancey has said, people will then most likely just hangout in their settlements completely avoiding any risk of PvP for the duration of the feud.

You can discuss this stuff all day and come up with Meta-proclamations, but none of it will address the underlying issue, that is that what seems like half the server population doesn't like PvP nearly as much as the other half.

If people decide to stay in their settlements or not even log in for 2+ days, haven't you already won the feud?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Doc
If people decide to stay in their settlements or not even log in for 2+ days, haven't you already won the feud?

Call me crazy, but I actually like to fight other players, not kill worthless guards and stare at a countdown timer while I capture some worthless holding that can be easily replaced by settlements that have stockpiles of resources in 5 digit figures.

Won the feud? Well, maybe if I was a carebear.
Decius
Doc

What's wrong with avoiding risk at the cost of a outing reward?
Doc

I don't know, why don't you ask Ryan Dancey instead? He is the one that just yesterday explained that they weakened Thornguards for feuds so that people don't just hide inside their settlements.
Dreamslinger
Doc

Call me crazy, but I actually like to fight other players, not kill worthless guards and stare at a countdown timer while I capture some worthless holding that can be easily replaced by settlements that have stockpiles of resources in 5 digit figures.

Won the feud? Well, maybe if I was a carebear.

+1

If peole don't leave the safety of town or stop logging in for 2 days then everyone lost. If there's no one around to fight, what's the point of the "winners" logging in or leaving town either?
Rynnik
Doc

I don't know, why don't you ask Ryan Dancey instead? He is the one that just yesterday explained that they weakened Thornguards for feuds so that people don't just hide inside their settlements.
+1
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post