Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Doc
You have been much more reasonable than this and interesting in most everything that you post.

It's probably because I'm exhausted by the something like currently 6 active threads talking about ways to curtail PvP in some manner or form.
Rynnik
Bringslite
To the average new player, it doesn't much matter that it might improve in 6 months.
The average new player has nothing at all to worry about because on average they are becoming part of the safest pvp sandbox game ever.

Only EBA new players need to worry about the next 6 months and hopefully their leadership will get reasonable well before that.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Doc
Either way you don't need to convince me. My opinion doesn't really matter all that much. You need to convince Ryan Dancey and Goblin Works.

They purposefully made it so you can attack people in settlements.
Bringslite
Doc
Either way you don't need to convince me. My opinion doesn't really matter all that much. You need to convince Ryan Dancey and Goblin Works.

Your opinion does matter. I am asking for PLAYERS to consider not doing it. Ryan's statement (what? 2 days ago?) is satisfactory as a compromise, but it is a ways from being in-game.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Stilachio Thrax
Doc

When they were first talking about the game vision, during the kickstarter and pre-Alpha, they talked about enemies having to slip into a settlement through disguises or fighting their way in. They never talked about walking in unmolested and ganking someone at a bank or crafting station. I am all for being able to fight in the streets of a settlement, as long as you've had to do some hard fighting to actually get into the settlement. The current situation borders on a lazy Sunday afternoon walk. It should not be that way.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Doc
Let's get Socratic for a moment:

Why would Goblin Works enable the ability to attack people inside settlements during a Feud, if they did not want players to do such a thing?
BlackMoria
People will just not log in then. I like this game, I don't NEED this game. I have a life and better things to do than play a game made shitty by others failing to grasp that war needs rules, just like in RL, the Geneva Convention and Protocols came about. I don't think camping a settlement is fun if no one logs in.

Otherwise it will just devolve to a scorched earth mentality and Ryan said specifically, that is not what he wants. A whole meaningful avenue of PvP is in the offing through Factions warfare and proper warfare tech.

But some are not going to see that day because the vibe I get from Golgotha is they want to be the first to burn a settlement to the ground to add to their many firsts. Then EBA will burn them to the ground. Back and forth it will go and people will leave because they are sick of the merry go round and the toxicity of scorched earth warfare. And the game may suffer as a result.

Or, we could, you know, talk about some rules on the conduct of war while we wait for the bigger pieces of PvP tech to come.
Bringslite
Rynnik
Bringslite
To the average new player, it doesn't much matter that it might improve in 6 months.
The average new player has nothing at all to worry about because on average they are becoming part of the safest pvp sandbox game ever.

Only EBA new players need to worry about the next 6 months and hopefully their leadership will get reasonable well before that.

I am not sure that you speak 100% for EoX's stance on this issue. I hope that you don't.

EoX is usually reasonable about things that might keep a few players from leaving the game. Especially things that are not really accomplishing any real in-game gain. I have never heard any EoX leader say that driving some players out of the game is a great way to "Win" the game.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Doc
Let's get Socratic for a moment:

Why would Goblin Works enable the ability to attack people inside settlements during a Feud, if they did not want players to do such a thing?
Maybe because they are trying to make up for the fact that they can't get people to play the game they want us to and the outside community is ridiculing them for it? Or something? Sort of the like the reason they asked Phyllain why he isn't asking his people to pick on softer targets instead of fighting EBA? Or maybe they're just throwing shit around to see what sticks?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Doc
Is it possible that half the people playing this game want a much different kind of game from the other half?

People talk about folks "leaving the game" as if it is a terrible tragedy, but what if it is ultimately unavoidable?

I've been saying since January that I think there are two mutually incompatible (mostly) versions of what people think this game should be like, and how they want to play it. That is a big problem. Either way you slice it, it's likely people are going to leave.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post