Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Saiph the Fallen
This thread is silly, let's end it now with these key takeaways:

1.) Golgotha is not a group of murder-hobos and has been doing a fine job not griefing the population.

2.) Although Pathfinder Online's reputation system isn't that harsh, at this stage of the game it doesn't need to be due to the self-policing and its small player base.

3.) We need some new blood. smile
Doc
I agree with all 3 of your points Saiph. See, it IS possible! smile
Rynnik
Saiph the Fallen
This thread is silly, let's end it now with these key takeaways:

1.) Golgotha is not a group of murder-hobos and has been doing a fine job not griefing the population.

2.) Although Pathfinder Online's reputation system isn't that harsh, at this stage of the game it doesn't need to be due to the self-policing and its small player base.

3.) We need some new blood. smile
+1
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Midnight
I'm still working on pages 24 and 25, so forgive me if someone has said this already, but people looking for some kind of finality to war through game mechanics are going to have to beg the devs for hardcore one death and you're unsubscribed.

Goons showed that plucky people can just throw themselves at you over and over again and cannot be ignored, no matter how many times you kill them.

You can burn my settlement, but unless force projection is stupidly simple you can't crush me everywhere I might go as long as I'm still willing or itching to fight. Your only relief would be when I want to combat someone else, more than I want to combat you. You've heard that you don't have to be faster than a bear, just faster than the slowest person it's chasing. I'm the bear, and rather than being speedier, you only need to be less delicious or less provocative than the most delicious or most provocative target available to me.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Brighthaven Leader
@Bringslite

EBA only attack a settlement once, and we didn't attack anyone in KB, we were attacked while we killed off some guards. We left after 20 mins once we realized the guards were broken, and no one went back. It was in response to KB taking towers the night before, and then a feud sent on father's day (Midnight says it was an accident so I take him at his word). Other than that I don't believe we have ever attacked a settlement, and we sure haven't killed anyone using any facilities. The only two people that died in KB attack us, the two or three other KB members say around trying to get hit my our weapons so that we would flag, and I guess the TK would attack them or they could attack us or whatever.

EBA will not surrender, that is set in stone. Although, I am for peace, neither side in any talks we have had wants to give in to what the other side wants (because to be honest terms on both sides were ridiculous). All I really want is for this game to be somewhat like others, where we have some down time from PvP, I am personally alright with PvP, but not everyone is, and I feel like if there was down times within the mechanics that it would go along to integrate everyone into the PvP.

What would I like to see? A break, pretty much, would go along way. There isn't any win conditions, or conditions to stop what is happening. There aren't really any deterrents either, at this point, any group can PvP another group until everyone leaves (not saying that is happening here but giving an example). There really isn't any way to stop it, reputation while annoying only recently has been higher, because both sides have been low rep up until feuds. Feuds can't be stopped, and if they could, I am not so sure people wouldn't spending their reputation in the mean time to get around Feuds being pushed off.

As for actual peace, as you have seen mentioned by several Golgothians, they prefer the forever war, and do not want peace. Some even resubbed to fight us, as was mentioned, or some have set out a preq for stopping, and EoX isn't interested (at least some of its membership isn't) at stopping a war. So, it doesn't even matter if we surrendered, they would have to get their PvP from somewhere (some keep harping on this Arena idea, its a nice event by Gol, but its not the foreverwar).

Personally, while the leadership might be able to stop everything that is happening, I think the bigger issue is that with the proper game systems in place, there would be mitigation or a different avenue of how everything is happening. That could be good or bad, but we would have a more complete game, and if we had all of the proper social tools then it would help everyone in general.

At the heart of the issue, I am not sure some EoX leadership wants to stop, and I am not so sure some of EBA leadership wants it to stop. So, I advocate for ways to make the game better, mitigate some of the situations that are occurring, and hopefully get some better tools to contact and interact with everyone in my Settlement.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Just Dak
Cheatle for TEO
At the heart of the issue, I am not sure some EoX leadership wants to stop, and I am not so sure some of EBA leadership wants it to stop. So, I advocate for ways to make the game better, mitigate some of the situations that are occurring, and hopefully get some better tools to contact and interact with everyone in my Settlement.

It seems to me it is a case of Phaeros and Golgotha not wanting it to stop.

I am all for more tools, and a better system. I think you are right to push for it because it only helps when we push for stability and more systems. I don't think any will be reasonably effective in "stopping or slowing" the EverWar as long as Phaeros and Golgotha are committed to ignoring the social pressures of maintaining aggression (both on the forums, in chat, and with steel). As long as we are poking each other everywhere we bump into each other we can't in good faith say we are entertaining any level of peace.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Midnight
What would you pay for a "break"?

I know you don't want to think of yourself as BWG, but you face exactly what they faced… more PvP than they wanted.

Way back around 2/25/15 Ryan posted many suggestions to people in BWG's situation. One of those suggestions was to pay tribute.

I remember being the only person to offer to not kill BWG in exchange for tribute (for the low low price of one copper per day per character they listed). Not because I wanted their copper pieces, but because I wanted to see if they could take ANYTHING Ryan suggested to heart.

I got zero takers, by the way. BWG simply didn't want to listen to Ryan.

If you need a break from PvP, go back and read Ryan's comments around 2/25/15. Maybe there's something in there that is palatable to both groups. Just be aware that fat cats aren't getting peace from me for a mere copper a day. smile

Also, it would only be fair to pay that tribute to BOTH provocateurs of the forever far. Hey Phaeros, watch me make it rain money on you. smile

Of course the biggest drawback to my suggestion is one that Marsellus made clear in Pulp Fiction: "The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride ****ing with you. **** pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps"
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Telemvar
I'd put forth a silver a month to be allowed to gather in peace and the ability to use KB as a PvP neutral zone for my gatherings. I'm only T1 so that is a lot of money for me, but there you have it. If I'm doing PvE escalations with a group that gets attacked, I'd of course understand that all bets are off until the end of the skirmish or as long as I'm grouped up.
Phyllain
If you pay me 1 silver a month you can come into kb and buy things. If you get killed by a EoX citizen and can provide a screen shot I will give you the silver for that month back. If you participate in group pvp all bets are off.
Price subject to change.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
For 10 gold I will cease all aggressive activity against the EBA for one week. You have until midnight tomorrow to deliver.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post