Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Rynnik
For 10 gold I won't post anything negative about the EBA on the forums for a month and will in fact make a minimum 1 post a day lauding your praises. You have until five minutes ago to deliver.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Just Dak
Phyllain
If you pay me 1 silver a month you can come into kb and buy things. If you get killed by a EoX citizen and can provide a screen shot I will give you the silver for that month back. If you participate in group pvp all bets are off.
Price subject to change.

Vocal confirmation (TS3). This is a serious offer.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Elsworth Sugarfoot
For 10 gold I will cease all aggressive activity against the EBA for one week. You have until midnight tomorrow to deliver.

also serious.
Telemvar
I was more thinking that if I participate in group PvP, bets are off until the end of that group PvP event. I'd like to do escalation events and be able to defend myself if they are attacked by EoX during. That seems fair right? Basically just paying a silver to be left alone when I'm not grouped up and to be able to use KB.
Phyllain
2 silver a month and you have yourself a deal. The price will prob go up once you get established in t2. We can talk about it when it happens.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Decius
Doc
If people decide to stay in their settlements or not even log in for 2+ days, haven't you already won the feud?

Call me crazy, but I actually like to fight other players, not kill worthless guards and stare at a countdown timer while I capture some worthless holding that can be easily replaced by settlements that have stockpiles of resources in 5 digit figures.

Won the feud? Well, maybe if I was a carebear.
Do you find killing characters sitting in front of the bank rewarding enough?

I'll explain why the answer to your question is "yes", and at the same time explain to Bringslite why a Gentlmen's Agreement on a "safe zone", even when in a feud, can not be tge bank, auction house or tavern.

The Bank: allows the player to deposit loot, gear and goin. It also allows the player to swap out gear or replace gear all together. The bank is in essence a military Quartermasters supply room and arsenal. It can not be a safe zone, period.

The AH: can slow for inventory dump, via placing inventory as sale items. Can place valuable gear on a very high sake, so as to protect it from loss, and even if someone was foolish enough to buy it, player still turns a profit and benefits from safe zone.

The Tavern: allows casters to replenish their power, returning them to combat effectiveness.

Might I suggest the Town Hall / Guild House. This grants no in gane advantage.

@ Decius,

When a feud target, stop logging in and out at the bank. Just stop it!! If players stop looking to GW to protect them from the ravages of a feud, they should first stop doing predictable Sh;t and if that doesn't work, sue for peace or log out for two days. GW isn't going to protect you from players using the core mechanics and gane play of the game.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
coach
Cheatle for TEO
EBA only attack a settlement once, and we didn't attack anyone in KB, we were attacked while we killed off some guards. We left after 20 mins once we realized the guards were broken, and no one went back. It was in response to KB taking towers the night before, and then a feud sent on father's day (Midnight says it was an accident so I take him at his word). Other than that I don't believe we have ever attacked a settlement, and we sure haven't killed anyone using any facilities. The only two people that died in KB attack us, the two or three other KB members say around trying to get hit my our weapons so that we would flag, and I guess the TK would attack them or they could attack us or whatever.

this is untrue, but i am going to assume you were not aware of that fact

several weeks ago, my crafter got killed at the Kreuz AH with the AH UI up

i ran as fast as I could to get the 120 lodestone I had just bought. I didn't know what was going on but I figured I couldn't get back to bank fast enough because I saw reds on the minimap so i just got back to my husk and quickly loaded the rest of the lodestone back on the AH for sale

got killed again before I closed out the AH UI

logged off the crafter because earlier EBA had just shrinecamped an AFK Dreamless player for 16 durability hits and I could not assume that was not their current war policy because they had admitted it happened in the client General chat and on forums

logged in my main to see what I could do, but alas he was in Riverbank of all places to carry my last bank load of items from my old PFU days

now did I get on these forums and cry with an open letter to GW? No. I just made a decision then to do something about it IN GAME. And so now Dreamless joined the foreverwar with their martial PvE toons, and offered a reward of free items to anyone who kills members of the company who was in KB that day (this is going over REALLY well by the way #funtimes)

see, decisions have consequences as i was told by a few non-EoX folk when Dreamless joined EoX

we were willing to accept that and just chalked the crafter in-settlement deaths up to consequences of those choices

just hard to understand why other people can't accept their choices have consequences too

(oh and P.S. I have no grudge against that company by the way, it made that day and the next very interesting so added to the game)
coach
coach
and while I am on here, i think what everyone needs to understand about EoX is that EoX doesn't kill randomly, but they are VERY vindictive ingame towards slights

from what I have witnessed they are more like Gabriel from the movie Swordfish, i.e. paybacks aren't even they are more like 20-fold

"Stanley: War? Who are we at war with?
Gabriel: Anyone who impinges on Xeilias. Phaeros, Stanley. Someone must bring war to them. They burn a church, we burn ten. They hijack a mule, we take out a stable. They attack a member of the Empire, we tactically remove an entire settlement. Our job is to make going against Xelias so horrific that it becomes unthinkable to do so."

at least that is what I think Gabriel said in the movie, but I may have a couple words wrong smile
coach
Brighthaven Leader
@Bluddwolf, we don't have a lot of core mechanics.

@Midnight

If its going to be straddling the line between sandbox and themepark, then it needs to, if its not then it needs to be more hardcore.

Right now, we only have part of a sandbox, and that is the issue. We don't have the ability to defend our settlements other than just running around killing each other in open spaces, we have no defenses (and as a lot of you have said Thornguards enforce their own rules, not ours). If we had some place that was defensible, or even the holdings defensible it would be different. The aggressors have too much of an advantage here, and defenders have nothing. Other games are not setup that the defenders have no bonuses what so ever (other than setting a window for PvP).

Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Brighthaven Leader
@Coach, I literally have no idea what you are talking about.

When I was in KB, we only killed two people that attacked us, unless there have been other groups killing in KB on a regular basis.

Also, I am not crying, I am telling it like it is, and that is if they intend for this to be a hardcore game with no stops/breaks, then that is what it needs to be. There is no winning, there is no hurting anyone EXCEPT to drive them from the game. No matter how many towers, or holdings are attacked, a group can basically harass (tactically speaking) another group forever. That is totally fine IF we were in a more hardcore game, and if we have defensible positions.

The game is sort of in this weird place right now, without having being completely finished, and that is what were dealing with right now.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post