Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Midnight
Saiph the Fallen
Midnight
Theeternalbalance
Midnight
I would LOVE to embrace my guilt. Unfortunately, neither I nor anyone in EoX I have spoken to knows who the O.P. character is.

But I would consider it an honor if someone I killed in my coal field in January or February still had flowing tears in July.

Don't deflect to the past. Embrace your group's guilt.

LOL. I can't find any indication that my group has encountered him, much less done anything to feel guilty about. And what should we feel guilty of? Open world PvP in an open world PvP game?

bwahahahahahaha

OK here's me decrying the actions of my mates, watch carefully:

Shame on you, Golgothans for playing this open world PvP game the way the devs intended. Can't you go back to joining the rest of the community in thwarting the devs' intentions by once again joining a map wide Non-Aggression Pact like the core 6 NAP?

See what I did there? smile

You are your own worst enemy.

Because I merrily engage in the content this open world PvP sandbox needs?

Are you aware that my rep is usually MAXED, in this game? I've used towers and PvP windows and now the new feuding mechanics to generate content as meaningfully as the game will allow me to. MY coal field killing spree in January and February gravitated to PvP windows in a tower coal hex and thus were easy for the PvP averse to avoid, and for nearly 5 months all I've done is kill the same people who just as merrily kill me (and when I am involved in battles we're almost always fighting over something that is *supposed* to be meaningful, like towers, or over something truly meaningful like escalation boss drops).

By the way, do you seriously think this game could survive a map-wide NAP?
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Tyncale
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
I'd also note that pitching this game too vigorously to the PFRPG was a mistake. The goal should have been to appeal to equal portions of both PFRPG and MMO veterans. The fact is, a majority of the PFRPG kickstarters took their PDFs and ran without ever giving the game a try or intending to. Meanwhile no such benefits of equal incentive was advertised or offered to MMO players.

I certainly do not agree with the bolded part. Destinies Twin was a MMO-ers dream: 2 subs for one!(I now its not exactly that but still) Also, in-game goodies like the daily deals and other perks are all stuff that lots of MMO veterans like.

What would you call an incentive for the MMO crowd?

Yes the DT is a MMO bone, but daily deals, have not been issued and no one knows what they do. But the real issue is the lack of advertisement. What little they have done has been directed to those not looking for the PvP experience they have had in other MMOs, be it good, bad or ugly.

The two major sandbox, open world PvP MMOs that PFO is competing with went the opposite direction. They have directed their advertisement at players looking for more harsher rule sets and booth have between 10 -20k Kickstarters or actual players in alpha at this time.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Saiph the Fallen
Midnight
Saiph the Fallen
Midnight
Theeternalbalance
Midnight
I would LOVE to embrace my guilt. Unfortunately, neither I nor anyone in EoX I have spoken to knows who the O.P. character is.

But I would consider it an honor if someone I killed in my coal field in January or February still had flowing tears in July.

Don't deflect to the past. Embrace your group's guilt.

LOL. I can't find any indication that my group has encountered him, much less done anything to feel guilty about. And what should we feel guilty of? Open world PvP in an open world PvP game?

bwahahahahahaha

OK here's me decrying the actions of my mates, watch carefully:

Shame on you, Golgothans for playing this open world PvP game the way the devs intended. Can't you go back to joining the rest of the community in thwarting the devs' intentions by once again joining a map wide Non-Aggression Pact like the core 6 NAP?

See what I did there? smile

You are your own worst enemy.

Because I merrily engage in the content this open world PvP sandbox needs?

Are you aware that my rep is usually MAXED, in this game? I've used towers and PvP windows and now the new feuding mechanics to generate content as meaningfully as the game will allow me to.

Do you seriously think this game could survive a map-wide NAP?

Have I ever suggested that this game needs a map-wide NAP? I quite enjoy our little fights. Obviously I'm talking about players that are not yet situated and/or have no interest in PvP; be easy on them and don't mock frustrations. Especially whilst the Killers (you) have nothing to lose and the [non-interested] Prey have everything to lose. Now if the game was working as intended and you were actually taking meaningful risks when killing these players, perhaps I'd be a little less defensive of the [non-interested] Prey. But we all know that's not the case.

These issues are neither hard to understand nor complex.
Midnight
Saiph the Fallen
These issues are neither hard to understand nor complex.

I agree. But those issues don't even apply to me.

I was mocking the partisan troll propagandist telling me to embrace my group's "guilt", not the O.P.

Nearly everyone (and maybe everyone) I've killed was either gathering in the coal hex closest to Golgotha, gathering on ZKM, kill-steal griefing (waves to the weirdest Paladins ever), had initiated PvP against a party member, or were our traditional opponents (usually in a fight over towers or escalations).

As far as whether I face meaningful risks.. probably 98% of the people I have killed have killed me, too. They might even be ahead on the kill board. I'm not very good at PvP; I just enjoy it.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Saiph the Fallen
Then everything's good. It would really help though if we could all stop being so defensive and work with each other to make this game succeed. And the quicker your allies understand that the game is currently easier for murderers than for their prey (and that is not intended) the better. It's just the way it is right now which is frustrating for many [uniterested] prey.

That's all.
Rynnik
Saiph the Fallen
Then everything's good. It would really help though if we could all stop being so defensive and work with each other to make this game succeed. And the quicker your allies understand that the game is currently easier for murderers than for their prey (and that is not intended) the better. It's just the way it is right now which is frustrating for many [uniterested] prey.

That's all.
'[uniterested] prey' can find homes in [neutral] organizations where people have played this game for 6 months without ever having faced ANY pvp. A really cool part of this sandbox: if you talk to people, do dat diplo thing, and generally put effort into it you can accomplish almost any play style and have full control over your experience. If you instigate, provoke and fight it impacts you, people around you, and people in the groups you belong to. It provides meaning, consequence, and impact to the decisions people make in this game.

Pretty cool really.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Midnight
My mates only want to prey on new players the same way you do. RECRUITMENT. smile
When I meet new players (especially role players) on ZKM I tell them where they are and that evil Golgothans do awful things to people on Zombie Kitten Mountain and they should flee before they are found up there.

I always do this with a Kreuz Bernstein character, so if they are really new (rather than someone's mining alt) they don't even realize the person spinning these tales of horrors was a danger to them until much later.
-Edmund Burke
Doc
Then everything's good. It would really help though if we could all stop being so defensive and work with each other to make this game succeed. And the quicker your allies understand that the game is currently easier for murderers than for their prey (and that is not intended) the better.

Serious question: Do you consider the soldiers that defend your country (wherever that might be in real life) to be murderers?

If the answer is no, then I wouldn't think it would be appropriate to use the term murderer so flippantly when talking about PvP in this game. PvP within the context of Feuds is basically a war.

An no, I disagree, people trying to do 1v1 random ganking in this game (which might actually constitute murder) is not particularly easy, rewarding, or beneficial to the long-term meta of your character. I should know because I've actually done quite a bit of it.
Saiph the Fallen
Rynnik
Saiph the Fallen

That's all.
'[uniterested] prey' can find homes in [neutral] organizations where people have played this game for 6 months without ever having faced ANY pvp. A really cool part of this sandbox: if you talk to people, do dat diplo thing, and generally put effort into it you can accomplish almost any play style and have full control over your experience. If you instigate, provoke and fight it impacts you, people around you, and people in the groups you belong to. It provides meaning, consequence, and impact to the decisions people make in this game.

Pretty cool really.

Listen, my sassy friend, you just don't get it and that's all well and fine. But I'll continue to discuss apples while you compare spaceships either way.

This is a unique game, with a limited population. Going about this game with your simplistic views and labeling all the diverse players with a simple "do this or fail stamp" isn't working it and will never work. My criticisms and comments have warrant and it's your choice if you'd like to just ignore it all and continue on your path to "success."
Dreaden
For the good of the server population and newbie retention, I suggest EBA stop recruiting players that have no interest in PvP. You can't protect them and they will get get killed. The SE is the most dangerous place in the game and it's highly irresponsible for EBA to recruit unwilling PvP participants into that location. IMO, putting players in that situation is far worse than EoX killing them.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post