Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golgotha ... meh

Saiph the Fallen
Doc
Then everything's good. It would really help though if we could all stop being so defensive and work with each other to make this game succeed. And the quicker your allies understand that the game is currently easier for murderers than for their prey (and that is not intended) the better.

Serious question: Do you consider the soldiers that defend your country (wherever that might be in real life) to be murderers?

If the answer is no, then I wouldn't think it would be appropriate to use the term murderer so flippantly when talking about PvP in this game. PvP within the context of Feuds is basically a war.

An no, I disagree, people trying to do 1v1 random ganking in this game (which might actually constitute murder) is not particularly easy, rewarding, or beneficial to the long-term meta of your character. I should know because I've actually done quite a bit of it.

I'm not referring to feuds and/or wars; I thought that was obvious. And my point about murdering being easy is because it is: There is no permanent red flag; you can literally pk with nothing in your inventory [thus smilelosing only armor hits], the time you are disallowed in town is easily worked around; there is no extra stat or gear loss from pking. Need I go on?

Doc
What probably needs to happen is EoX just recruit heavily enough to double in size, so it can then split in half and just PvP between the two offspring groups. Then everybody else can just do whatever it is they want to do in game, farmville etc. If they finally want to do PvP again, then the EoX twins can temporarily reunite for defense and crushmap. When ended, go back to forever war between brothers.

I'm only partly joking. This may actually be necessary at some point.
Rynnik
Saiph the Fallen
Rynnik
Saiph the Fallen
Then everything's good. It would really help though if we could all stop being so defensive and work with each other to make this game succeed. And the quicker your allies understand that the game is currently easier for murderers than for their prey (and that is not intended) the better. It's just the way it is right now which is frustrating for many [uniterested] prey.

That's all.
'[uniterested] prey' can find homes in [neutral] organizations where people have played this game for 6 months without ever having faced ANY pvp. A really cool part of this sandbox: if you talk to people, do dat diplo thing, and generally put effort into it you can accomplish almost any play style and have full control over your experience. If you instigate, provoke and fight it impacts you, people around you, and people in the groups you belong to. It provides meaning, consequence, and impact to the decisions people make in this game.

Pretty cool really.

Listen, my sassy friend, you just don't get it and that's all well and fine. But I'll continue to discuss apples while you compare spaceships either way.

This is a unique game, with a limited population. Going about this game with your simplistic views and labeling all the diverse players with a simple "do this or fail stamp" isn't working it and will never work. My criticisms and comments have warrant and it's your choice if you'd like to just ignore it all and continue on your path to "success."
Listen, my convicted opponent, (actually don't listen which will sort of be the point I'll make) I know nothing in the world will dissuade you from being convinced that you are right. Many many wrong people do this. It is perfectly fine.

While I address you and will continue to do so, I am not actually attempting or succeeding in talking TO you. I am actually addressing you as a mechanism to reach reasonable, new and otherwise interesting 3rd parties who will actually read my very reasonable, logical, and in fact, true, words and reach their own conclusions.

There is a ton of room in PFO for populations of [uniterested] prey and they can actually be massively successful in that playstyle if they put a tiny little bit of thought and effort into it. They just can't do it with the EBA.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Saiph the Fallen
This isn't about PvP, this is about the [uninterested] prey that has everything to lose, whilst the Killers (you) have nothing to lose BUT you want them to conform to your playstyle.

Why is this so hard to understand?
Doc
They aren't prey if nobody is hunting them. And these supposed prey can attain that status by just "living" somewhere else. They don't have to conform to another playstyle then.

Why is that so hard to understand?
Saiph the Fallen
Because this isn't EVE with thousand of players. This is PFO, which is trying to GROW and that's why it might behoove you to throw a bone to the [uninterested] prey.
Doc
Are you so blind to not realize said bone has been thrown already?

It's not a coincidence that the entire map (besides EBA home territories) is now essentially devoid of PvP.
Rynnik
Saiph the Fallen
Because this isn't EVE with thousand of players. This is PFO, which is trying to GROW and that's why it might behoove you to throw a bone to the [uninterested] prey.
I have.

I can personally guarantee I have NEVER killed anyone in Emerald Lodge and unless the political spectrum changes I never will.

(that is just a random example btw - if I was going to find a new home I would go to Forgeholm but that is just because dwarves are awesome and I want to live underground some day)
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Elmin Sterro
Dreaden
For the good of the server population and newbie retention, I suggest EBA stop recruiting players that have no interest in PvP. You can't protect them and they will get get killed. The SE is the most dangerous place in the game, newbies be warned.

It sounds like you guys might be interpreting crowdforging differently than the rest of us. The crowd should be doing the forging, rather than the crowd being forged. If a non-combatant player wants to play with a specific group of people, they should be able to do that without being told to leave or endure harassment.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Saiph the Fallen
Rynnik
Saiph the Fallen
Then everything's good. It would really help though if we could all stop being so defensive and work with each other to make this game succeed. And the quicker your allies understand that the game is currently easier for murderers than for their prey (and that is not intended) the better. It's just the way it is right now which is frustrating for many [uniterested] prey.

That's all.
'[uniterested] prey' can find homes in [neutral] organizations where people have played this game for 6 months without ever having faced ANY pvp. A really cool part of this sandbox: if you talk to people, do dat diplo thing, and generally put effort into it you can accomplish almost any play style and have full control mover your experience. If you instigate, provoke and fight it impacts you, people around you, and people in the groups you belong to. It provides meaning, consequence, and impact to the decisions people make in this game.

Pretty cool really.

Listen, my sassy friend, you just don't get it and that's all well and fine. But I'll continue to discuss apples while you compare spaceships either way.

This is a unique game, with a limited population. Going about this game with your simplistic views and labeling all the diverse players with a simple "do this or fail stamp" isn't working it and will never work. My criticisms and comments have warrant and it's your choice if you'd like to just ignore it all and continue on your path to "success."

There is nothing unique about this game, it is in fact a piece meal of very generic systems. It's population is not just limited, it is unsustainably limited.

Some wish to now label the only way to PvP withiut reputation loss (ie feuds) as being meaningless PvP becuase they themselves have found ways around avoiding most of the costs (company hopping) and then claim the Devs are solely responsible for having broken their promise of providing something different.

The Feud mechanic is working as intended, but the Devs have to create a timer that prevents joining or dropping companies that are currently in a feud. This way both feuds and the cost of those feuds can not be avoided.

Neither side is favored in the current feud system, as far as risk vs. rewards, unless someone is out gathering solo as while being a feud target. Otherwise all participants are in gear that can easily be replaced, and either empty pockets.

What you have is arena style PvP, withiut earning tokens for access to better PvP gear.

What PFO is in need of is a PvP ladder to develop PvP in its proper sequence of balance, risk and reward, affiliation and scope and depth.

PvP needed to be developed in this sequence:

Individual PvP (1v1 balancing)
Small Group PvP
Company PvP (Feuds)
Settlment PvP or Faction PvP - this depends on which is broader

The sequence of patched in systems has been all over the map within this suggested sequence. It is one thing to plan backwards, but another thing to implement backwards or to try to.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post