Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Revised Settlement Structure Plan

Ravenlute
Bob
Not sure where that impression came from. There could have been some confusion because the original list of kits to be handed out included 3 large buildings, 1 of which was the keep. Since the keep would be autoplaced, you'd really only have to place 2 of the kits. For the keep, we would have just been handing out the +1 kits for upgrading, but we'll now do that in round 2 of the distributions.

To my knowledge, you can place as many buildings as you have slots for and can afford the upkeep on. Right now, we won't be charging upkeep per building, but you'll want to keep that in mind and not place more than you think you're likely to be able to afford when we do start charging that.

Keepside Chat with Mike Hines 8/19/2015
Start at time 9:40
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Duffy Swiftshadow
Wait so not including the Keep you can put down 3 Larges? That changes some things if so. Was anyone else under the same impression?
ZomoZ
Make 3 vendors, small medium large buildings, which accepts a generic token per size

Give the settlement leaders the set amount of tokens (with +s ect)
Of small medium large

Tell people if they buy the wrong one on accident tough luck

Take a week off with the the free time you saved
Giorgio
Duffy Swiftshadow
Wait so not including the Keep you can put down 3 Larges? That changes some things if so. Was anyone else under the same impression?

No, is it quite clear:

https://www.goblinworks.com/forum/topic/3863/?page=1

"I'm getting things set up so that I can distribute all the settlement kits for EE11. Each settlement will get to choose 8 small structure kits, 3 medium structure kits, and 2 large structure kits. All settlements will automatically come with a Keep and a Bank."
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Duffy Swiftshadow
No I got that part. The question is there are 3 large slots not including the keep on the proposed layouts. I thought we were told you could only use 2 of the plots. But in this thread there is some thought that you can use all 3 plots. Need a clarification.

The question has nothing to do with the # of kits we're getting, tho if all 3 plots could be used it might change my two large and medium building picks.
Azure_Zero
Duffy Swiftshadow
No I got that part. The question is there are 3 large slots not including the keep on the proposed layouts. I thought we were told you could only use 2 of the plots. But in this thread there is some thought that you can use all 3 plots. Need a clarification.

The question has nothing to do with the # of kits we're getting, tho if all 3 plots could be used it might change my two large and medium building picks.

Same here….
FuryFire
It had been made clear in this thread that plots 4-6 are large plots, which don't include a bank or keep. So yes, you can place 3, although we're only being handed 2 large kits.

"Here's how the numbered slots are assigned:

Slot 1: Keep
Slot 2: Bank
Slot 3: Tavern
Slots 4-6: Large Structures
Slots 7-12: Medium Structures
Slots 13-22: Small Structures
Slots 23-32: Support Structures
Slots 33-82 (or unnumbered): Smallholdings

You'll get the Keep, Bank and Tavern automatically. Slots 4-6 are available for any 3 other large structures."

"To my knowledge, you can place as many buildings as you have slots for and can afford the upkeep on."
FuryFire
Lag double-post
Duffy Swiftshadow
I'm confused cause I swear in the chat where we first saw the layouts they said you could only use 2 of them. Need a dev clarification. Or someone with better memory.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The Dev chat Ravenlute linked seemed pretty clear (that the third spot was just so we had some choices for variation of layout, and that they intended to fill the third spot with something decorative), so most probably either something has changed, or Bob is lacking information about intent (Or Mike was wrong).
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post