Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

A fond farewell to Nhur Athemon

Rynnik
Baron Malthius
Duffy Swiftshadow
Honestly I would prefer if full strength escalations were about as long as these events for a solid group if you got the Guardians 2nd step. Fits into a night's play nicely and gives you time to do other things, can always be tweaked in the future.

+1
That would disappoint me for the now non-spreading escalation concepts though. If 6 people can easily clear it in under an hour for a cool down of properly working fallow time that isn't much up time for that sort of content.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Agreed, they would need to bring spreading and possibly even the old level of reinforcement back and I would find the spreading far more tolerable to deal with under such conditions. I think there is some balancing that could be done around that difficulty level to make it more enjoyable and ultimately rewarding to defeat (mostly on the perception and morale wise).

Right now we don't look forward to escalations, but we had fun with the event. I think their is something to said about that.
Bringslite
Yeah Duffy. That is a good call.

Something close to that wouldn't be a bad thing at all for the recurring Esc's.

Can't believe I am writing this…. But: turn down the coin faucet a tad if you want to have Nhur around as a random esc like the rest.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Rynnik
Duffy Swiftshadow
Right now we don't look forward to escalations, but we had fun with the event. I think their is something to said about that.
Agreed.

Bringslite
But: turn down the coin faucet a tad if you want to have Nhur around as a random esc like the rest.
Way more strongly agreed.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Tink says Stab
You could literally half the gold reward and I still would need to have a good look at the numbers.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Baron Malthius
Bringslite
Can't believe I am writing this…. But: turn down the coin faucet a tad if you want to have Nhur around as a random esc like the rest.

Ehhh…gonna have to disagree with that one. The last thing we need is a decrease in the coin faucet in a game where we are trying to jump start the economy.

Edit: Maybe decrease the coin reward of the Nhur escalation itself if it is to become a random escalation and make it a rare one, but don't decrease the others on account of this.
Edam
I got about 22 silver on one of the escalations so the gold drop did seem rather high.

They went down a little too quickly to be honest. Draw out the skeletons away from crystals, kill them, take out close range crystals, take out rear crystals rinse and repeat.

The only challenge was the couple of times Gologotha popped in to make things interesting. Kudos to them for taking the opportunity to use the event as a way to get some large scale PvP happening.
Fafryd
Missed it. Glad to hear it was fun.
Tyncale
Edam
I got about 22 silver on one of the escalations so the gold drop did seem rather high.

They went down a little too quickly to be honest. Draw out the skeletons away from crystals, kill them, take out close range crystals, take out rear crystals rinse and repeat.

The only challenge was the couple of times Gologotha popped in to make things interesting. Kudos to them for taking the opportunity to use the event as a way to get some large scale PvP happening.

You could do the towers and the other events with only two people and some caution. Only the last event with the Image itself needs more people.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Elsworth Sugarfoot
This was a great event, we had several players come back just for this. The thing that made it so good (besides phat lewt) was the first real incidence of scarcity in the game.

People really started making important choices and interaction between settlements was important. I met the Talonguard for the first time (I think), as well as a stop by the HRC, plus a glut of the usual encounters with our frenemies in the SE.

If Nhur Athemon continues to pop up on a regular basis a lot of this scarcity and meaningful interaction will be lost. Such is the nature of PvE. It's awesome when you get those first few rare drops, but then when those drops are no longer rare, it's a chore again.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post