Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Crowdforging PvP Feuds, Company hoping, and respawn issues.

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
TallTrees
Maybe it could all be resolved with a structural element that is tied to crafting. You make a Shrine onsite that can be attacked. This element becomes a point to attack or defend and directly effects proximity you respawn, if you dont have a shrine, you pop back at the nearest to the fight as normal. If you are the defender and have this in your territory, it shows up on your map as under attack, and possibly if high enough level shrine, allows instant/accelerated travel to it if in the owning Company. This accommodates reinforcing defenses and encourages the enemy to remove the shrine asap to cut supply lines of reinforcements. The attackers get to build their own shrine nearby and same applies. Higher level shrines may have additional effects on allied forces, maybe a defensive bonus if within a certain range, haste, a divine buff. Also include a lockout to next adjacent shrine if your husk is within range of a shrine, this prevents you building a body wall or chain-death, but may allow a Cleric to raise you if the shrine is good enough quality. This would also make travel a lot faster to get to the action.
(I ran for 20 minutes to join a fight that disappeared, then had to run back where I started. that's 45 minutes of zero, well, 75 xp. and no enemy sighted. The travel times are extreme)

I like the general gust of this idea. Essentially it is saying the Attacker needs to construct a siege camp. However, that siege camp can be raided / destroyed as well. In this camp you can respawn, but also tge camp could be stocked with combat supplies (ie replacement gear).

The quality of the camp makes it: more difficult to detect; has a quicker respawn time; has more gear storage capacity; and can withstand more damage before it can be looted or destroyed completely.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Kitsune
I honestly didn't read all the other posts, so I'll just address the OP.

I agree with the ideas in the OP, except I'm having a hard time with the last one. One part of me wants to prohibit company-hopping by disallowing company changes like you described. Another part of me really likes freedom.

So, I believe that company-hopping should be discouraged, mechanically, by means of punishment. But only punishment that is relevant to the system(s) that are most affected by said company-hopping: feuds/PvP.

Your idea about an influence penalty is a good example. Other examples may include some sort of flag, or debuff, or some other PvP-relevant mechanical effect.

But otherwise completely prohibiting the act is not the right way to go. Such limitations would impact ALL social aspects of the game, even those not related to PvP.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post